Double Dates

*Kennedy's P.O.V.*

After setting up plans for a double date with Liam, Tinley, Niall, and I, Niall and I walked back to my dorm. I pulled out multiple outfits and tried them on, Niall said he liked them all, but I didn't agree. I ended up going for casual blue jeans with a nicer top with a pretty necklace.

"Awe, is the show over already?" Niall said once I was done changing.

"Hush," was all I said back, smiling a little. I sat in front of my mirror and fixed my hair and makeup, while Niall put a nice jacket on. Guys had it so much easier getting ready.

"You ready?" Niall asked, extending his arm out to grab my hand.

"Yep!" I said back to him and smiled. I was worried of what might happen during the date, but I put up a smile to keep things calm. In the car, we sat silent for awhile until Niall said, "To explain what's going on... I threatened the boys and Clover to leave you, and everyone you know, alone. And, well, apparently Liam disagrees with them." Nialls expression was angry, and so were his fists, clenching the steering wheel tightly.

"Well, we should act calm tonight. We don't want Tinley to suspect something is wrong, I don't want to drag her into this mess. I don't want her to get hurt." I said. Niall nodded, and sat silently the rest of the ride. I wish I knew what he was thinking.

Niall and I pulled up in front of the Olive Garden, and got out the greet Liam and Tinley who were already there. Tinley wore a tight short dress that looked sophisticated, while still sexy. Her hair was neatly pushed behind her shoulders, making her face more visible. She was more dressed up then Niall, Liam, and I combined, but she didn't seem to notice. I admired her confidence.

We sat down at our table across from each other and drank our water in silence for a few moments, until Tinley's bubbly voice broke in, "Uhm, so how was your guy's day?"

"It was okay." Niall said back meanly.

"It was great! It was relaxing, and it's so nice to end it off with you guys!" I said, trying to cover up Niall's anger.

"That's good! My day was pretty good too, but now it is better because of Liam. He just came up to me during my lunch and was being polite. Not to mention funny!" Tinley laughed, even though Liam didn't crack a joke. I smiled back at her and made myself look happy, unlike Niall, who looked very unpleasant.

"What's up with you?" Liam asked Niall, a hint of mockery on his tongue.

"Oh, please. Don't start this, you know EXCATLY what's wrong." Niall snapped back. Liam made a face in disgust and pulled Tinley closer to him, placing his arm over her shoulders. Niall grabbed my thigh under the table and pulled my leg closer to him. I swatted his hand away, and closed my legs, he was just doing that to get back at Liam. Niall gave me a confused look, but I refused to look at him.

Our food arrived and I sighed in relief thinking maybe the bickering would stop if food was crammed in their mouths. We ate silently for a moment, until Liam said, "Niall you're acting a little bit off this evening. How come?" Niall didn't respond, just stuffing his face with more pasta.

So I thought up an excuse for him, "Family issues."

"I thought Niall wasn't connected with his family," Liam looked happy that he had the upper hand.

"Let's not talk about this," Niall said.

"We're sorry," Tinley said, trying to apologize for Liam. Liam chuckled under his breath.

"So!" You say you've only met today? How would you know if he's a bad guy? You seem to be going quite fast with this," Niall said with a full mouth.

"That's what the date is for," Liam replied.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into," Niall said, and I quickly slapped his leg. He looked at me and said, "What babe?"

"Oh, nothing," I said.

"I was hoping we would all become great friends, but it's not looking good," Tinley said, teary eyed, "I need to go to the bathroom." After Tinley left, Niall turned to Liam.

"What the hell are you doing?" Niall snapped.

"Same goes for you," Liam replied while nodding at me, "Now look what you've done," he said.

"Why Tinley?" I ask.

"She's hot," Was all Liam said. I left my food to go cold, I suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. Unlike Niall, who tore through his meal angrily. Tinley came out of the bathroom and sat down again quietly. Her eyes were slightly puffy from tears, and I felt bad for having ruined her night.

"Well, Niall and I need to head out, we have studying to do," I lied. Classes don't start until tomorrow, but I couldn't let Niall stay and ruin the night anymore. I got up, with Niall following, and we left Liam to pay the bill. Tinley looked like she was about to cry again, but there was no turning back.

"Thank you. I'll call you later Tinley," I smiled at her, then rushed Niall and I out of the restaurant. We got into the car and stayed for a moment to take in everything.

"Niall," I said.

"Yeah?"

"I said we should act calm in there..."

"Well," Niall sighed, "you're right. My bad." I was stilled pissed though. He was about to put the vehicle in drive when I noticed Liam and Tinley walk outside. Tinley was upset, and Liam was comforting her, by rubbing her back and kissing her forehead. He actually looked sympathetic. What was he planning?

***

It was almost one AM when I started to feel tired, so I plopped down onto Niall small dormitory bed, and patted next to me for Niall to join. He laid next to me and said, "You still pissed?"

"Mmm, no. I understand why you were angry at him, I was just mad that you couldn't keep it under wraps."

"Well. I'm sorry."

"You're fine. Also, what are we going to do? You don't think Liam would hurt her, would you?" I said.

"Well, I believe that's his intention, to feed off her. But, he is known for waiting to do it. He likes to get close enough to them to get a lil somethin' somethin'," He said.

"So, she'll be fine for tonight?"

"My guess would be yes," Niall said, and wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me in for a kiss. It felt magical, it always does.