Mistakes.

(Warning: Strong language and violence.)

I laid buried under the covers of our hotel blankets, despite Niall's pleas for me to join him down at the buffet in the restaurant on the main floor. But my stomach was growling quite viciously, and I don't know much longer I can hold the not-moving-or-talking pout session. So I, reluctantly, sat up and made my way down the buffet. Still pissed off that Niall would keep a secret like that for so long, I didn't even attempt to find him when I went to sit down to eat my mounds of mashed potatoes and steak. Everyone sat around me gleefully, seemingly care-free, and that irritated me. I stabbed my fork into the steak with each bite and tried not to burst out into a fit of anger. Does he even know his child? Who is the mother? What his relationship with the child's mother? Does he still have a relationship with the child's mother?

"Ugh." I grunted at the endless questions that rang through my head and threw my fork at my plate roughly. It tinged on the plate, then flew onto the floor, only irritating me farther. I stood up to retrieve it, but a small boy with blonde hair beat me to it. He dropped to the floor, on all fours, and picked up the fork with his mouth. Then turned to me and barked as if he was a puppy fetching a toy.

"I'm so sorry for my son!" A tall slim woman, with tied back dusty brown hair, said to me as she lifted the child off the floor. She pulled the fork out of the child's mouth then set it back on my table, and with a scrambled look on her face, she scorned the child.

"It's okay," I smiled, "kids do that sometimes." The woman's face seemed to relax a little bit, then she gave me another smiled and went back to her table. I sat back down and watched as the kid returned to being a puppy and trotted back to their table, where a man with blonde hair like the child's sat. The kid hopped up onto the mans lap, and he turned to look at the kid, then raised his gaze to see where he came from.

"Niall?" I muttered under my breath. His eyes widened, then he quickly motioned for me to come over to him. Taking a deep breath, I stood back up, and started to walk over to him.

"Hello again!" The woman said, slightly confused.

"Kennedy, this is my son, William." Niall said as the child squirmed on his lap.

"Okay." I said tightly, trying hard not to loose my cool again.

"Are you okay Kennedy?" William said in his tiny voice that melted away my anger.

"I'm good." I lean over to give him a sweet smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry. This is Kennedy, Dana. My girlfriend." Niall says to the woman.

"Nice to meet you Kennedy!" Dana smiles like William then turns her attention to Niall, "again, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you until now."

"It's okay, I'm just glad you told me at all." Niall hugs William gently and the child giggles. And as if trotting over to their table like a dog was tough work, William yawned, tuckered out already.

"I'm sorry, it's time for William's nap, I'll text you later Niall. Maybe we can come over sometime today?" Dana said and grabbed William off Niall's lap.

"I'd love that." Niall said, then stood up to kiss William good-bye.

******

"She's late. Her and William were supposed to be here a half hour ago." Niall paced back and fourth on the stretch of space at the end of the hotel beds.

"Yeah, and she was late on telling you that you had a kid." I said under my breath, but he heard me anyways.

"Hey! I don't appreciate you talking like she is a bitch." Niall snapped at me defensively.