Be Like Us, Or Die

*Kennedy's P.O.V.*

I had been alone in my hospital bed for a few hours, and it gave me time to think. Maybe I acted too rash about Justin cheating on me, he could have stopped taking his medication and lost control of himself. But yet again he was always pushy on the sex, constantly pressuring me, and I hated that he didn't respect that I didn't want to. He's been hanging out with Jenny a lot lately, I hope he wasn't pressuring her to do anything. I hadn't talked to Jenny or my parents in a few days, and I knew the medical bills would come and there would be questions. How was I going to explain my broken ribs? I wasn't going to tell her about being attacked by a group of guys that the guy I like hangs out with, they don't even know who Niall is. I imagined how much school work and questions I would be buried in when I walked out of these hospital walls, it made me feel sick to think about it. A couple doctors walked in and prepared to fix me up. Luckily I would be given medication to pass out, I really needed to escape my mind for awhile.

***

I was still groggy from the medication when Niall walked in and gave me his biggest smile, his happiness shined through the cuts and bruises on his beautiful body. He walked over and hugged me, holding me tightly. It felt as if there was a rope knotted in my chest, it hurt, but it was the good kind of hurt. I shuffled over in the bed and let him lie next to me, hoping a doctor or nurse wouldn't arrive. He laid facing me, I wanted to face him with my body but it hurt too much to move, so I just looked at him. We laid in silence and held each other's hands in between our faces, talking sweet things with our eyes. He moved closer and pressed our foreheads together, and wrapped his feet with mine. And it was beautiful; he was beautiful. The golden light shined through the windows, glimmering over our faces like silk. He pulled my hand close to his lips and kissed the back of my hand smoothly, he smiled while looking into my eyes. I couldn't help but smile back, he was so beautiful, his hair a mess still and his eyes tired. He ran the tips of his fingers from my shoulder down to the tip of my fingers, and gently caressed my back. His black eyes were gone, and replaced with bright blue eyes. They sparkled in the light and never let go of mine. He kissed me gently, being careful not to press on my tender chest. I felt like a little lamb and he was a lion, dangerously close to me, but I felt safe with him. I kissed him back, not letting go.

"I love you too." I whispered. His smile grew bigger and he looked down, his cheeks glowing pink. When he looked back into my eyes he embraced my face with his hand and kissed me again, this time a little longer.

***

Niall left after an hour when my doctor had excused him from the room, she was terribly angry at him for moving me, but he was still smiling when he left. My doctor did some final tests and told me I could go. I asked her how the payment would be taken care of and she replied with a, "Oh, well it has been already payed." I just got up and left after that, my doctor helping me reach the door where Niall stood patiently. I was slightly embarrassed that I had to be carried into a wheelchair, I felt extremely fragile. Breathing was still uncomfortable, but I managed, not complaining. A nurse and Niall pushed me into the front room, where Niall signed me out.

In the car Niall handed me a baggy filled with medications, pain medications, sleep pills, and a small portable machine for breathing.

"What are my parents going to think." I sighed and rested my head on the passenger seat.

"Already handled." Niall said while pulling out of the parking lot.

"What did you tell them?" I was worried he would've said something stupid.

"You'll see." He smiled big, feeling accomplished.

"Okay, let's hope that whatever you said, they fall for it." I tried to cover my worry. "Wait I've been gone for a few days."