Birthday Presents

"Goodmorning!" my sister said as she opened my bedroom door. I shot out of bed and ran to her, which confused her. I hugged her as tightly as I could and let a few tears soak into her fuzzy pajama jumper.

"Please don't go." I cried, "Please don't go!" I pinched her harder.

"I'm not going anywhere, it's okay." She smiled sweetly at me and brushed back hair from my face, wiping a tear with it.

"Promise?" I gripped her shirt, still not believing that she stood before me.

"Promise." She said, but it came out in Nialls voice. I shuffled back in the bed covers and opened my eyes to see myself gripping Nialls t-shirt and him lying close.

"Are you okay?" He asked. But I couldn't answer at first. The dream had left me speechless, I hadn't seen Jenny in over a year and to hear her once more shocked me.

"It was just a dream Kennedy." Niall brushed another tear from my cheek, and gave me a smile.

"I love you." Was all I could manage out of my tight throat. I wish I could've told Jenny that one more time.

"I love you too." He said back quietly and pulled me in for a warm hug. I laid in his arms, with our legs intertwined under the hotel bed sheets. It was quiet still in the hotel, and the window was open just enough to see out and watch the man clean the pool. I nestled my face back into Niall's chest and breathed in his familiar scent, making my cheeks burn from the butterflies. He combed back my hair off my forehead with his fingers and tilted my face up towards him. Gently, Niall brought his lips down to mine, where they lie motionless for a moment. Breaking the stillness, I began to open my mouth to intensify the kiss. Oh how I had missed this. Our lips moved naturally with each other in this magical flow, making me shiver in delight.

Once our lips parted, we placed our foreheads against each others. It was sweet, laying here with him, saying nothing... just being here.

"So, what would you like to do for your lovely birthday?" Niall said quietly.

"This." I whispered and snuggled even closer to him. Niall chuckled lightly then shook his head.

"I got you a gift." He smiled at my confusion, when had he had time to get me a gift?

"What?" I giggled at his excitement.

"Shhh." He shushed me then slid away from me to get out of the bed. He stood up and walked over to where his suitcase sat in the corner of the room. "Get dressed." He spoke in a giddy tone, trying to hide the suprise. I wasn't necessarily a fan of surprises.

"Okay?" I got up reluctantly and slid on my jeans that lay at the side of the bed. Leaving my baggy sweater on without a bra, I threw my hair up and rinsed some cold water on my face to wake up.

"Don't worry, we aren't going far. But we will need to take all our stuff." Niall said while quickly stuffing things in our bags.

"Where is it that we are going excatly?" It was useless asking, but maybe he will tell.

"Well, it's indoors. So getting ready isn't necessary. That's all I can tell you." He picked up our bags and suitcases with a grunt and we were off. He lead us down the hall way and too the elevator. We went up to the top floor, where all the master suites were.

"No." I said in disbelief as Niall pulled a master suite door card out of his pocket. "You didn't." I gasped. He opened the door and the room was even more beautiful then I thought it would be. I had always tried to image what one would look like, but this exceeded all my thoughts. The cielings rose high, and there was a beautiful balcony. A California King sized bed sat against a wall that had more windows than any house I ever lived in! There was a double door that led to the master bath, which had a two seated tub with jets and a toilet in a different room entirely. There was a small kitchen as well, with the most amazing fridge I have ever seen with a few counters and a microwave. This hotel suite looked more like an apartment then a hotel room.

"Do you like it?" Niall asked already knowing the answer.

"Do I? It's gorgeous!!" My mouth gapes open and I run over to the bed where I test out the mattress. Laying flat on my back, I gently sink in as if the mattress was a blend of temperpedic and heaven. Niall walked over to where the terance door was and set down all our stuff, then pulled out a gift wrapped in a pretty mint color.

"Open it now." Niall handed over the small box. I smiled at him, still in awe at this suprise. I didn't expect any of this, and it was such a wonderful feeling for him to be here with me on my birthday.

Carefully, I opened the ribbon, then peeled off the paper, which revealed a small book. A Scrapbook. My eyes started watering as I flipped through the pages. It was full of pictures of us, and the soon-to-be-baby. My favorite photo, was sitting beautifully on the last page. It was of our trip... when we went bungee-jumping. A tear of happiness broke free from my eyes and I quickly hugged Niall.

"Thank you so much! This is so sweet of you." I smiled uncontrollably. He knew I had a soft spot for the nostalgia that comes with photos.

"Of Course! Happy Birthday." He said in his gorgeous accent, that to this day, I couldn't get over.

"Also, follow me." Niall said, and placed the scrapbook on the bed. He grabs my hand and leads me to the bathroom again, where he points out this lovely basket full of soaps and fragrances for a bubble bath. Niall lets go of my hand and turns on the tub, throwing in a cute duck shaped bath bomb.

"Yes. This is what I need." I sigh, as I already start undressing. Niall and I quietly undress, and he helps me settle down into the tub. He sits across from me and the bubbles and hot water rush over us. Niall reaches over to the wall and hits a button, which turns on gentle jets.

"This is so heavenly." I rest my head on the wall behind, and smile. The jet massages my back, relieving me of some of the strain that comes with carrying a child.

"I'm glad you like it." Niall smiles back sweetly. But it wasn't long that we got to enjoy the silence until Niall's phone goes off. I was about to ask him to just ignore it, but he picks it up before I could.

"Yeah?" He answers. "You're serious... I mean, I guess we can. Okay, chill. We'll find a way. Okay bye." He hangs up the phone, and sets it back down.

"Who was that? It sounded pretty serious."

"Liam, I guess they found this guy who knows people like us. He might be able to fix what's causing us to be so... demonish? You know I hate that term." Niall rubbed his temples. He was stressing over this, maybe it wasn't the first time they raised their hopes in getting rid of this horrid curse.

"Are we gonna check it out?" I tried to speak softly, to avoid annoying him.

"He said that this guy will be at a party in a few hours. Is this okay with you?" Niall didn't seem excited for it. Maybe it would ruin some plans for later.

"Of course! This could be it babe." I smiled at him excitedly, and touched his feet with my feet playfully. 

Hopefully, I begged, this would be it. I never did succeed in shaking this feeling that his curse could some how effect our baby...