Is This Love?

*Jenny's P.O.V.:*

"Well, this is really kind of you to take me to ice-cream like this." I tried to sound grateful, but I didn't understand why he was doing this.

"Oh, no problem. I missed getting ice-cream with you. Its been awhile." Justin smiled sweetly. I looked up at him as I shoved a spoonful of chocolate ice-cream topped with hot fudge in my mouth. Smiling cheekily when some squeezed through the cracks of my lips. He laughed softly at my silliness and offered me a napkin. 

"Do you remember, about five years ago? When you were 10 and I was 12? We used to come here every Friday after school and buy drumsticks. We would race to the end of it, to the fudge at the bottom. You always beat me too it, your appetite never slept. I adore that about you, I never had to worry about looking like a pig while I ate around you, because you would always eat double the amount of mine." He smiled a warm, heart-string pulling smile. Now you're 15 and worrying about your weight and what others think of you, and eat only half of what I do. I could bring a large bucket of KFC and you would only eat one leg, when five years ago I would be the one to only get one. So, my point is. It has been too long since we hung out like this. Just us two on a Friday night, at J.J.'s ice-cream shop." He seemed sad, and tired. Swirling his spoon through his vanilla caramel frosty, stopping occasionally to take a bite. 

"I still eat. Look, I already finished my ice-cream," I said, presenting my cup to him. He smiled at that, his pearly whites shinning. I admired his smile, so gentle and innocent. A little crooked, lifting higher on the right side than the left. He was perfect in my eyes. Perfect brown hair flipping flawlessly to the side, a little bit of stubble, and glittering brown eyes. Justin was, and always will be, perfect. He didn't think he was perfect, because he was constantly brought down by his parents arguing. They were going through divorce and the topic was, who had him when, and it has been eating away at him. I felt horrible for never having the right words and comfort that he needs to get through this. 

"Want to go back to my place? You know, so I can beat your ass in Black Ops again?" I say. His mouth tugs at a smile and he relaxes his shoulders, saying, "You're not going to beat me this time." 

***

Justin raced around the car to the passenger side and grabbed my hand to pull me out, pulling me to his side, and we walked towards my house. I tried to stay normal, but all that I could think about was that he was holding my hand and our sides were pressed together. 

We laughed about old stories, stories about us as children, and how stupid we were over hot chocolates. My parents weren't home, they were at my mothers step-father's funeral, my sister and I never met him, so we decided to stay home. I was glad I made that choice, otherwise Justin wouldn't be here with me, alone. I didn't know where Kennedy went, she has been gone a lot lately. And Justin hadn't talked about her in almost a week now, he always talked about her. I wondered if they ever recovered from the fight. After an hour of reminiscing we head to my room where my PS3 lay. I had never been good at playing Black Ops, but I always beat Justin. Sometimes it was obvious he let me win.

"I told you I'd beat you again!" I shout a little too loud.

"Shh..." Justin presses a finger against my lips, shushing me. It felt as if everything inside of me paused, frozen. His finger stayed pressed on my lips, and I could feel myself blushing. He looked me in the eyes for a few moments until he looked to his feet. I wish I knew what he was thinking. I leaned forward to see his face. 

"Is something wrong, Justin?" I whisper. He looks back to me tears forming in his eyes. I quickly hug him, trying to comfort him. After a while I let go and look into his eyes, sitting very close. "What happened?" He doesn't reply. His bottom lip quivered slightly and the bags around his eyes darken. And in that moment I leaned in and kissed him. I didn't plan on it, I just did it. There was an explosion of butterflies and sensations putting my whole body in a roller coaster. He didn't pull away, and leaned in closer. Goose bumps raced down my arms when I felt his hand begin to comb through my hair, and as he slowly laid me down on the bean bag chairs. We didn't let go of each other, lips connected. And we lie there for a few minutes holding each other, kissing slow. I wondered if he felt what I felt, if it was making him happy too.