Merry Christmas

The sun from the windows pierced brightly into my room, irritating my eyes and waking me up. I turned to my right and rubbed my eyes to see clearer, and saw Niall standing across the room facing away from me. He grabbed the plates of food off the floor and threw them away, then began to walk towards the door.

"Niall, wait!" I said quickly, then fumbled to get out of the bed, but I lost my footing on the floor and my face slammed to the ground. He turned to look at me, and I notice the prevalent dismay and the battered look in his eyes, it was no surprise he didn't move to help. Instead he turned around and began walking out again, without a word, and hunched shoulders. I was able to get back on my feet before he could shut the door behind him, and I reached out to clutch his arm, "Please, Niall, listen!" I wailed, tears threatening to break away. He looked at me with a face of disgust and ripped his arm away from my grasp and said, "Don't touch me. Why don't you go touch him?"

"Him?" I stopped in my tracks and gave him a misled look. Niall shook his head and looked back to the ground and slammed the door behind him, right in my face. And just like the door hit the wall, him hit me. Oliver. I paniced and my breath sped up, worried sick of what he thought I had done with him, so I ripped the door open again to run after him. But he wasn't in the hallway, he had already disappeared.

"Niall!" I shrieked, even though I knew he wouldn't reply, I still tried. I stopped after a while and decided to go back into my room, where I noticed something that I hadn't from last night. A card layed on the floor, almost under my bed, so I picked it up. On the cover it was red and in beauteous ribbon wrote, Merry Christmas. My heart dropped to the bottom of my stomach and I struggled to scrimmage the tears, I didn't want to read any further. But the urge to know what he had written was more than the urge not to, so I opened it, and it read "I Love You. Sorry, I know those words usually go at the end of the card, but I just couldn't wait, I wanted to tell you. Because it is the truth, and I could never hide the truth from you. You are special and beautiful, and everything I ever dreamed of. Without you I am nothing, and I am painfully and devastatingly in love with you. Let us have the most magical Christmas together, in this winter wonderland of love. Again, I love you." I let myself fall down onto my bed as a few tears escaped, I was absolutely ashamed of myself. It was dense of me to have shared that dressing room with Oliver, I should've thought of Niall. But I didn't, and now everything is ruined, there is no way he would believe me if I told him the truth.

Even though I desperately wanted to keep crying the rest of the day, I sat up and walked over to the small window on the other side of the room. The glass was cold because of the snow falling, and there was ice crystals forming on it, but I placed my forehead on it anyways. Looking outside distracted me from my own thoughts long enough for me to stop crying, and it even relaxed me a bit to see the peaceful snow brush across the street.

I looked over at the clock on my bedside table that read, 8am, and I decided that now was a good time to get dressed and apply some makeup because Tinley and Clover said they would be coming by at nine. But before I was done applying my makeup Clover and Tinley barged through my door and poked their heads through.

"Hey girly! Merry Christmas!" They chanted in unison.

"Merry Christmas!" I said back to them. I got up and hugged them both, "Why are you here so early? There's still 30 minutes." I chuckled a bit to sound more jubilant.

"We just couldn't wait. And we got you a gift, we want to see you open it. But not here, because we invited everyone down to the lobby to open gifts." Clover said, and waved the present she got me in front of my face, even though I had told her she didn't need to. I gave her a smile and thanked her, even though I wasn't in the Christmas spirit, and went back to finish my makeup as Tinley and Clover chatted.