06 : Dahyun & Taehyung

DAHYUN'S POV

"Father," our heads turned to Tzuyu unnie who is cutting up her cheesecake. She seemed serious and somehow, the swollen of her eyes lessened. It's almost 8 PM already. "What would you say if I'd step out of the arrangement?" What is she talking about? We were all surprised, even Taehyung oppa. He even looked at dad and then glanced back to Tzuyu unnie.

"What are you talking about, dear?"

Tzuyu unnie shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, father. Would you be mad if I would?"

"Tzuyu." Tzuyu unnie was stopped by Taehyung oppa's authoritative voice, but she kept going. They have been arguing since they got here and it bothers me. "Stop."

"Actually," dad started speaking. "This is about each other's business. Technically speaking, it will not benefit both of our business now that the sales is skyrocketing. What made you think that?" We all eyed Tzuyu unnie. She looked back at us and sighed as she shrug both of her shoulders.

"Nothing, dad." Taehyung oppa was the one who answered, but dad refused to take his answer.

"Let Tzuyu speak her mind, Taehyung. She was the one whom I was asking." I know that Tae oppa would be mad since Tzuyu unnie was the first one who opened up the topic about marriage. "Tzuyu, what's the matter?"

"Can't you talk about it privately?" Tae oppa once again cut Tzuyu unnie.

Dad seemed impatient, but he kept his cool. I can see how he turned his hands into powerful fists. "This is a family matter, Taehyung. Everyone in this table is family."

"Including us?" Hansol whispered beside me, so I sushed him and he just giggled and gave me a peace sign.

"Sana is pregnant, father." Tzuyu unnie answered with her head downcast. Our eyes shifted to Tae oppa quickly. He wasn't speaking, but he sure is gritting through his teeth. "And I just had a thought of stepping out of the arrangement, so that their child wouldn't be labeled illegitimate."

"History is repeating itself." Dad said and looked at Tae oppa. Our eyes met and that's the only time that I realize what dad said. History is...repeating itself. He's right. The same thing happened to him back then. He was married to Tae oppa's mom and he impregnate mom accidentally and so I was born. "We'll talk about this, Tae, but for the mean time, contact Sana and tell her to not abort the kid. Bring her tomorrow, by the way."

"Yes, dad." Tae oppa just nodded. We didn't talk after that because of Tzuyu unnie's revelation. It just sank in my head that Tzuyu unnie might've cried once she knew about this. Looking at how puffy her eyes gave me an idea like that.

Dad stood up, "Thank you for the dinner. Let's end this dinner tonight." He smiled and waved good bye to us.

"Where are you going, dad?" Joon oppa asked.

"I'll prepare my things for tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Why?" Jin oppa asked with his crossed eyebrows.

"I'll be flying to the States to check our house back there. I'll continue my work there as well. Don't worry about me. I can handle myself." With his smile, he walked away from us and so we were left in the garden. The maids started taking out our plates from the table. This is just so awkward, not until Tzuyu unnie stood up.

"Tell father that I enjoyed his barbecue." She smiled and took her bag. "Thank you for the dinner." She bowed and started walking away from us. We all looked at Tae oppa because at this moment, he must be running to catch her, but nothing happened. He won't do it unless he loves her.

"Oh-kay..." Hansol and Eunwoo stood up in unison. "We'll go home now. Thanks, guys." Eunwoo grabbed his coat and then they walked away as well.

"How did that happen?" Joon oppa asked Tae oppa, but he remained silent.

"Tae, we're asking you."

He rolled his eyes and decided not to answer Joon oppa. He just grabbed his coat from the chair and walked away just like what the others did.

"Such a jerk." Jina oppa said while shaking his head. "Karma is a bitch."

"Don't say that, hon." I heard Mina say even though her voice is the weakest. "For sure they'll explain in time."

"We have to be in the meeting tomorrow." Joon oppa said. "We're part of the family after all."

"But that only concerns the four of them." I answered. It's not that I do not want to care for them, but it's the truth. The four of them needs to talk about it in private. I stood up and told Jimin that we should go. "The twins are probably whining now. We have to go." I smiled and bid my good bye to each one of them. Jimin did the same and we both exited the garden.

We went to the guest room where the twins stayed. Thankfully, the two are sleeping in a very peaceful manner that the slightest sound might wake them up. "Thank you for taking care of them." I whispered to the maid and carried Minhyun. Jimin then carried Jihyun and we headed to the car to get us home.

*

May 11

It's been three days since the dinner and two days since dad left us for the States. He said that he'd be back in a few months. He'll just wait for the construction of the house. I don't know why he's so eager to check out the house that he built in New York.

Tomorrow, I'll be able to get the results of my tests. I'm nervous. I don't know why. Maybe because I'm not ready yet, but I'm hoping for the best. If I ever had a disease, I think I can be cured. I just have to trust in God, in myself and to the people whom I love. I also have to trust Dr. Jung. I wish tomorrow is going to be  a good day. I wish nothing bad will happen, but if it is a bad news then I'll just accept it. I have to.

xoxo,

Dahyun

I closed my diary and stretched my arms out. I sighed and stared at my laptop, thinking whether or not should I look up that disease even though I don't know what it's called. In the end, I didn't. I just prayed over and over for the best of my results for tomorrow.

I went to bed and so did Jimin after he blow dried his hair. For the nth time, we were staring at each other before we go to sleep. I want to do this everyday of my life.

I lifted my hand to touch his face, but I suddenly couldn't move. I can't control my hand for a second, but it faded instantly. I looked away from his and placed my hand back. I didn't make any movement after that. My heart makes me nervous as hell.

He neared himself to me and hugged me. I can feel his breath on my neck. It tickles me and makes me warm at the same time until I felt a peck on my neck. I immediately slapped his shoulder and laughed.

"It's midnight, Jimin. Stop doing that." I turned my back on him and closed my eyes to sleep. He just pulled me nearer to him and buried his face on my nape. "Hey, I'm not a midnight snack."

"You smell like popcorn."

"You sound like a maniac." We both laughed, but he stayed in place like that, so I just let him. I was awake until 1 AM because of my anxiety, my worries. My mind have been asking these What If's inside my head but it's not answerable. I guess I just have to wait and see for tomorrow.

--*

Follow my ig acct: @bangteuwaiseu

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D