11 : Jimin

JIMIN'S POV

I drove my family to the hospital. The twins are at the back, sleeping, while Dahyun is silently looking outside.

"The weather is really nice," she said and smiled at me. My hands ran to her hands and held it while I drive. "It's a nice day for this family dinner later."

"I agree," I glanced at her and noticed that she's rattling a little which concerned me. "Sweetie," I held her hand tighter. I can't keep my eyes away from her because of the worriment. "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine," she held my hand tightly, too and shed a tear. "S-Save me." My heart broke.

"Stay with me, honey." I told her and kissed her shaking hand. "Don't go."

"I-I won't." She then stopped from moving and closed her eyes.

"Honey, don't close your eyes." I told her, worrying that she won't open them again. "Don't sleep on me." I said, scared. "Don't die on me, baby."

She didn't move. I held her pulse and my heart died when I felt no pulse.

"Dahyun! Dahyun!"

My eyes opened widely when I felt someone shaking me endlessly. I saw Dahyun right beside me, holding my hand. "Are you okay, hun?" She asked.

My eyebrows furrowed. That was a dream? "H-Huh?"

"You were shouting my name while sleeping." She chuckled and kept her eyes on the road, but her hand remained on mine. "Are you really okay?"

"I am," I nodded and held my chest. "Hun," I called her.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too." She said and continued driving.

I was very relieved that it was all just a dream. I am not yet ready for her to go away. No, not now. Not ever. Sighing, I just breathed deeply and trusted her.

Dahyun volunteered to drive now because she wants to practice her muscles. Her doctor said that it's good if she would practice her body more often, so her disease will slow on progressing.

*

We arrived at the hospital in no time.

Dr. Jung gladly welcomed us and the kids. "The kids are looking healthy," he chucklingly said and glanced at my wife. "And so is Mrs. Kim."

"We changed her diet," I replied. "More proteins for her muscles, right?"

He nodded, "Yep, but don't forget your greens, too."

"Right, right." And so, the check up started. He checked up on the twins first and said that they're healthy. There are no complications on Jihyun and Minhyun, so I was really glad that I don't have anything more to worry about than Dahyun.

"This is her diary," I handed him the diary that my wife has.

He smilingly took the book and scanned the pages. My heart started beating fast because of a bad hunch. His smile faded and he became serious. "The progression is fast." He said. "Based on how you're writing, I believe that you're having a hard time on writing your entries, right?" I glanced at Dahyun right away.

She gulped and nodded slightly, "Y-Yes."

"Alright." Dr. Jung nodded his head and wrote some prescriptions for her. He then handed it to me and smiled. "Take these meds. It's good for your motor skills."

"Okay. Thanks, doc."

"No problem." We stood up. "Be here next week, so we can prepare a scan for you."

"Thank you, Dr. Jung." Dahyun said with finality and then we went back to the car. I volunteered to drive for us instead of her.

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked her and smiled. I just want to keep this smiling face infront of her until she passes away. I would not want her to see me cry.

"Hmm," she hummed, thinking where should we probably eat. "Let's eat at the mall, so we can buy a gift for your mom."

"That's a good idea, hun." I agreed. "What are you thinking of?"

"Besides how handsome my husband is everyday?" I glanced at her and we both laughed because of her silly thoughts. We heard the babies' giggles, too and that just made my heart tickle. "Since she likes coffee and perfume..."

"Hmm?"

"...I decided to give an air perfume instead." She told. "Coffee scent."

"That sounds great. What a sexy brain you have."

"Brain?"

"And body, of course." I winked at her and she started laughing hard because of my sleeziness.

"Pervert."

"Ssh, the kids might hear you." I whispered, but she just shook her head sideways.

*

After eating and buying some freshener, we decided to go to church tonight before we head to my mom's house.

We finished the mass and then headed to the mansion.

My heart is beating wildly since I am nervous because this is the first time that I will meet my family again.

Dahyun is all smiles, telling me that I should calm down since they're my family. Even though they would hate me for a long time, they will still accept me because I'm part of their family. My heart became at ease when he told me that.

"I'm hoping for the best of everything." She told me and so I sighed. We arrived at the place in no time since there was no traffic.

I looked through the window before we hop out. I'm looking at the mansion that I grew up before. This is where my childhood began.

"Let's go, hun." Dahyun told me, so I hopped off and help her place the kids on their trolley. I pressed the doorbell and when I did, I saw one of our maids open the gate. She seemed a little flustered.

"Good evening, master." She bowed.

"Good evening, too." I said. "Is the family gathered already?"

"Y-Yes, master. They are by the pool area. Let me escort you." She said and so we did follow her lead.

My heart keeps on pounding faster and faster as I step.

And then we reached them. We all met eyes.

"Good evening." I said and bowed. It was still silent and there are people whom I don't know. It's been six years since we last saw each other and a lot of people surely joined the family. Almost everyone is here and I am getting anxious.

"Come on," Dahyun took my hand and interlock it with hers. My hand is getting sweaty and I don't want her to hold my hand if it's sweaty. It embarrasses me in a way. "Hello, good evening."

My mom stood up and walked towards us. Smilingly, she looked at Dahyun. "It's nice to meet the wife of my impudent son." Impudent son... The guests and relatives started cackling when my mom said that adjective. I felt my heart sting as well. "Is he good to you? Is he proud of having you? How bad is he? He still lies, doesn't he?"

"Mrs. Park," Dahyun's hand tighten while she's holding me. "I am sorry, but you don't have rights to call him impudent."

"What?"

"You can't call him that."

"But I'm his mother--"

"And you have never been a mother to him." She said. "Come on, hun." She gave my mom a last look before we walk away from her.

--*

Follow my ig acct: @bangteuwaiseu

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D