ii. school preparations

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER TWO. SCHOOL PREPARATIONS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

With one arm tightly looped through her sister's, Evangeline made her way down the busy streets of Diagon Alley. The two walked past the many shops, their cousins in tow whilst their aunt and uncle attended to some "business" in one of the shops that the four had already past. Evangeline didn't know what the two adults were doing. She would never admit that she was worried but, those two were never up to any good.

Vivian yanked on her sister's arm and began pulling her into a store. Evangeline caught a quick glimpse of the store's sign, Amanuenis Quills, before she was dragged into it. "We already have quills. Why are we here?" Gemma complained. Vivian rolled her eyes in annoyance. "If you don't want to be here then leave. Besides, you can never have too many quills," she said.

"I beg to differ," Barry responded. Vivian mouthed his words in a mimicking way. Evangeline just ignored her cousins, already too fed up with them and the day had only just begun. The four were two days away from returning to Hogwarts and they were doing all of their shopping last minute, something that was uncommon for them all. However, ever since the return of the Dark Lord, the Luther parents had been too busy to take the four to Diagon Alley so that they could get their supplies. And they refused to let them go on their own.

Evangeline unlinked her arm from her sister's and began walking about the store. Her gaze flickered between different quills. She didn't really need any new quills but she might as well get a few. Besides, it wasn't her money that she was spending. Her aunt and uncle never should've told her to buy whatever she wanted. And although she didn't plan on buying anything too crazy, she did plan on spending money on things she didn't really need. Because it wasn't her money and she didn't care if it was wasted.

Had it been anyone else who had given her money to buy her supplies, she would've used it with moderation. But it was her aunt and uncle, they didn't deserve her kindness.

A scarlet colored quill caught her attention. She walked towards it and stared in awe. It was encased in a glass box, a little card was in front of it with the type of feather that it was. "Ah, that is a magnificent quill. And really hard to get. It's tricky to get a feather from a Phoenix," a voice said from behind her.

Evangeline turned to see an older woman with small glasses on her face. "Do you want this one?" She asked Evangeline who nodded. "All right, but just know, it's not cheap," the woman said, moving past her to open up the box. "I have money," Evangeline said. The woman nodded before carefully pulling out the quill. "Would you like a pot of ink as well?" The woman asked. "Yes, please," Evangeline said. The woman motioned for Evangeline to follow her.

After getting a pot of ink, the woman led her to a counter. She wrapped up the quill and placed it in a bag with the ink. She gave Evangeline the price of both of the items and Evangeline pulled out the exact amount, handing it to her. "Enjoy," the woman said, handing her the bag. Evangeline accepted the bag and walked toward the door, standing next to it and waiting for her sister.