xx. stubborn

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER TWENTY. STUBBORN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Evangeline hadn't gone to this past week's D.A. meeting and she didn't intend on ever going back. She spent the past two weeks ignoring everyone who she had befriended. She was even ignoring Vivian, the older girl wanting to slap some sense into her sister. She didn't know what was going on, but she had intended to find out.

Ignoring Cleo and Hermione was a lot harder than the others, seeing as they were her roommates, but she still managed to do so. Evangeline entered her Potions class, taking a seat at one of the empty tables. She interlocked her fingers together and placed them on the table, waiting for the class to begin.

She hadn't been looking forward to coming here, knowing the familiar face that she would see. She watched as the students filtered into the classroom, taking their seats. She pulled her fingers apart, placing her head in her left hand and staring down at the table. Parvati Patil pulled out the chair next to Evangeline and sat down. Her sister Padma sat down next to her.

Evangeline pursed her lips and impatiently tapped the fingers of her free hand against the table. The seat across from her was pulled out and Ronald Weasley sat down in it. Evangeline suppressed a sigh and avoided looking at him. When Professor Snape entered the room, looking as stoic as ever, she felt relieved. "Take out your notebooks," he said in a monotonous voice.

The students did as they were told. Once the noise of it died down, he continued. "On the board, are a list of potions. In your notebooks, you will write down the ingredients of these potions as well as how they are made," he said. A chorus of groans filled the air of the classroom. Professor Snape stared ahead in boredom, waiting for it to get quiet again.

"If you do not finish before the end of class, you will have failed this assignment," he concluded, walking to his desk as the classroom erupted into complaints. Evangeline looked at the board, writing the name of the first potion into it and beginning the assignment. She ignored the stare of Ron and continued writing, occasionally looking in her book for help.

It wasn't until she was on her sixth potion that a folded piece of paper was slid over to her. She looked up to see Ron looking at her before he glanced down at the paper. She sighed and picked it up, hiding it on her lap as she opened it.

Are you ever going to talk to me?

She looked up at him, giving him a look before continuing on with her assignment, discarding the note underneath her book. Another piece of paper was discreetly slid to her. She looked up at Ron in annoyance but he was looking down at his notebook, working on his assignment. Evangeline picked up the paper and unfolded it.