xxxv. dinner party

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE. DINNER PARTY

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

DO NOT COMMENT FOR ME TO UPDATE!

Evangeline was sat at Professor Slughorn's supper table. There were plenty of other students as well like Hermione, Harry, Neville, Blaise Zabini, Cormac, the Carrow twins, and many other students. They had just finished eating supper and were now on to dessert. The topics of conversation were not interesting to Evangeline and she sighed out of boredom.

Don't get her wrong, she was honored to have been chosen for Slughorn's elite group of students. However, she could think of a number of things that she would rather be doing than being at this supper party. "So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your uncle Tiberius these days?" Professor Slughorn asked. "Yes, sir, in fact I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the holidays," Cormac answered.

Evangeline rolled her eyes, taking a bite of her dessert. The man hadn't asked for all of that. Cormac was just trying to brag. "Oh, well, be sure to give them both my best," Slughorn replied before turning to another student. "And what about your uncle, Belby? For those of you
who don't know, Marcus' uncle invented
the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?" Slughorn asked.

Marcus, who was devouring his dessert, didn't look up from it as he answered. "I don't know. He and my dad don't get along. 'Prolly cause my dad says potions are rubbish. His only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day," he said. Blaise, who was sat next to the boy, looked at him in disgust and Evangeline snickered quietly. Out of all the Slytherin that she knew, aside for Vivian of course, Blaise was the only one who didn't annoy her.

He sent her a friendly smile from across the table. Professor Slughorn turned to Hermione next. "And what about you, Miss Granger, what exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?" He asked. "My parents are dentists. They attend to people's teeth," Hermione answered. "Fascinating. And is that considered
a dangerous profession?" He asked.

"No," she answered, looking around the room. "Although, one boy, Robby Fenwich, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches," Hermione said, laughing both awkwardly and nervously. Evangeline smiled at her as the others around the table just stared at her. Professor Slughorn turned to Evangeline next, preparing to ask her a question when the door opened.

Ginny walked into the room, very late. Saved by the Ginny. "Ah, Miss Weasley. Come in, come in," Slughorn said. "Look, her eyes. They've been fighting again. Her and Dean," Hermione whispered to Evangeline and Harry. Evangeline sighed, she would need to have a talk with the girl about their relationship. "Sorry, I'm not usually late," Ginny apologized. Harry abruptly stood from his seat as Ginny went to sit down.