xxii. feelings

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO. FEELINGS

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Dumbledore was gone. Umbridge was now the Headmistress of Hogwarts.

Those words alone were enough to make Evangeline want to jump off of the nearest building and plummet to her death. The school was quickly becoming more like a prison and Evangeline wanted nothing more than to go back to the place she refused to call her home. That's how miserable she was.

Everyone associated with Dumbledore's Army had to face punishment. A punishment that only someone like Dolores Umbridge would impose. The group of students were sat in the Great Hall. The long tables were gone and replaced with desks, one for each of them. They were writing lines with Umbridge's Quill of Misery, as Evangeline liked to call them.

She bit her lip in pain as the quill cut into her skin. The injury to her left hand had already healed significantly and now a new wound would form. Evangeline felt as though her hand would now be permanently scarred. Blood dripped down her hand, falling onto the desk. The pain was worse than the first time she had done this and intensified with every letter she wrote.

She clenched her hand into a fist, hoping it would alleviate the pain. It only made it worse, her skin splitting further. She hissed in pain, cursing herself quietly. Ron, who was sitting in front of her, discreetly turned to look at her, his eyes questioning. She nodded her head, answering his unasked question. He didn't look away though, wanting to make sure that she was really all right.

"I'm fine," she whispered, "Are you?" He nodded his head and she sent him a reassuring smile. He couldn't help but smile back before turning back around before Umbridge could catch him not writing lines. She looked to her right at Vivian, who was seated a few seats away from her in the row in front of her own. From where she was sitting, Evangeline could see Vivian glaring harshly at Professor Umbridge who was as smug as ever.

She was still writing her lines, but her eyes weren't on her parchment at the moment. Evangeline had never seen Vivian look so murderous before in her life.

Evangeline went back to writing her lines, her blood forming the words on the parchment in front of her. She went back to biting her lip, silencing any noise that might have escaped her mouth. She hated Umbridge with every fiber of her being. This woman was sick. Undeniably, inexplicably fucked up in the head. She was torturing children for crying out loud! This couldn't be allowed. If the Ministry was okay with this, then they were all fucked up too.

She released a shaky breath, the pain in her hand getting worse. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes but she blinked them away. She would not let herself cry. Not for this. No matter how much it hurt. Around her, the members of the D.A. were staying strong, not giving the sociopathic bitch any satisfaction.