01: Future Plans

A/N: After some deliberation, I decided to post this Kuroshitsuji story I had started a few weeks ago. Usually I don't start post a story unless I think I can finish it, but I'm on a Black Butler kick again and I like where this story is going.

This is about a time traveler. How is she traveling through time? I'm not going to say, but I know these sorts of 'girl gets thrown through time and ends up with the Black Butler cast' has been around, mainly to cater to Ciel and Sebastian fans, but yeah. I've come up with all sorts of scenarios, but who wouldn't want to be a Phantomhive? But this story will take a while to pick up. I'll try to post two chapters at a time until we're thrown back in time, but yeah. I hope you guys enjoy this!

This is kind of an experiment for me. I like to write about pokemon, but I do like kuroshitsuji also. I was going to post this on my fanfiction.net account, but I decided to post it here, first. So, yeah. This is part of my 100 challenge: (22) Discover. ENJOY!!!

!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!

A tired sigh left your breath as you walked out the building, your eyes glancing around before a huff left your breath and you slowly made your way back to your dormitory. Finals were finally over, and you could finally start your holiday. But you weren't as enthusiastic as you could have been. 

You didn't want to travel across the globe to visit your family. Sure, you love them, but you've started a life here you honestly wanted to continue. You could hear the chatter of girls and boys alike talking about their plans for the summer, the vacations they'll be taking, but you're going back to America. Maybe you could do some hiking, perhaps, if your sister is up for the challenge, but you just don't want to leave.

But before your flight was to depart from London, you had to make your way to your old family manor. A decrypted old building that should probably be sold, by now. The land turned into houses and apartments, but oddly enough, as you spent days looking into your old family files and heirlooms, you happened to come across the old manor, which has been in the family for generations. Yet, after the Great War, or rather World War I, the manor was in a horrid state of repairs. After your family eventually moved to the United States there was no real point in keeping the manor, but it is a building that you can sleep in. At least there's that.

Yes, you come from a fairly old noble family, but they're not exactly noble anymore. As far as these British types are concerned. Sure, waving your name around could get you ahead in life, but you'd rather move forward on your own merits. Then again, your mother insisted that you attend a prestigious boarding school in Britain, and your mother has been able to run the family business without too many troubles. The real question for you is how will you take over when the time comes? There's no plans for you to do so now, but who knows what'll happen.

If your mother will live long enough for you to graduate.

A tired sigh left your breath, but then again, you weren't complaining. Life has been good. It could have been worse. They say your family is cursed, and most days you can don't believe them, but right now... well... maybe it's true, in a way. Death always has a way of appearing, even when you don't want it to. Even when you're not looking for it, it'll reveal itself, sometimes in the most strangely fascinating ways.

You're just glad you've come across some very interesting people, here at your new school. You transferred, and you've only been here for about two years, but you have some cherished friends and classmates, and people that can understand you. Some even stranger and creeper then yourself, who come up with the most morbid things.

But alas, you cannot truly pursue your passions, even if you wanted to. You certainly encourage your sister, but yourself? If you want your family's name to continue to be successful, you cannot let your own desires get in the way of your accomplishments... even if it's hard.