28: Rest in the Other

A/N: HEY GUYS! I hope you've enjoyed your Easter today! Or at least attempted to.

I had decided to hold off on posting the next chapter for a while to give you guys some time to leave comments or whatever. But since that didn't happen... oh well. I'll just write whatever comes to mind, I guess. Since it's finally Easter today I decided to post the next chapter and get back to posting the already written chapters.

Hopefully I'm building up the story, but if you guys have any questions about what's going on don't be afraid to leave a COMMENT or just ask some questions. Cause my thought process can be a bit out there. I'll say this though, there's going to be a lot of 'mysticism' and stuff like that. Different mythical ideas and genres thrown in, just for fun. Sure, there's obviously going to be angels, demons, and reapers in this story, but what about everything else? The fey, other gods, stuff like that. I still don't know exactly where I'm going with this story, but it'll be a creative roller coaster. And it'll be for fun!

This'll probably be my only post tonight, and tomorrow... we'll see. Maybe yes, maybe no. This last week of Lent kept me busy, and Tuesday will be my day off this week. So... yeah! Maybe I'll post after work tomorrow. We'll see. Or wait for a while. But okay, that's all I really have to say. ENJOY!!!

QUICK P.S.:: I was going to go with a Madoka Magica amv, but decided, meh. Maybe not. I found a Black Butler amv that fit a bit better, and that was shorter. Though, think of the 'other place' or whatever as something out of Madoka Magica... or like a fey world or something like that. When I first wrote this it was supposed to be a Mahoutsukai No Yome video. So... yeah. That's where my thought process was with this first part of the chapter. But, it's a fun, whimsical place with swirling colors and lights, though how it looks like... I haven't decided upon. Just use your imagination.

!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!

You don't know when you passed out.

Heck, all you can recall is that you passed out in......

What is Cyrus up to?

A slight growl left your breath as you willed your eyelids to slowly open, only to be met with a grinning young man, who was slumped down onto your lap with a devious grin upon his lips. "W-where? –"

"Hush~, sister. You've been recovering for two days. We're in the other world," he told you, causing your eyes to glance around tiredly, barely catching the bright, yet soothing colors streaming around you, entering your body, cleansing your soul.

You could tell he was smirking in satisfaction as you felt your eyes fluttering close, your mind more worked up then your body apparently was, but you managed to open your eyes to glare over at him, causing him to pout in response. "Playtime is over, Cyrus. We're going back."

"B-but –"

"I'll be fine," you smiled lightly in response, "and you know what happens to us humans if we stay here for too long... Two days as in two days here or in the human existence?"

"Two day there. Barely a few minutes here," he scoffed, pouting on your lap, but before he could hover away you reached out, grasping his hand, and his head turned to glare at you only to soften at the tired smile lingering on your face.

"U-undertaker must be worried," you decided to say, but you flinched as you felt his face rather close to yours.

"And he was spying on us, by the way. Can you really trust a guy that won't trust you?"

"H-he must have –"

"I don't get why you like him," he scoffed, managing to slip out of your grasp to turn away from you with his arms crossed over his chest and a huff leaving his breath. "... What about our family and friends back home? We didn't find anything –"