19: Living with a Crazy Mortician

"Undertaker, stop fussing. I'm making dinner. Now sit," you hissed, an irritated snort leaving your breath as you used a wooden spoon to mix around the stew you had been brewing, and as you heard a slight whine behind your back you turned to glare daggers at him. "Stop that."

"But shouldn't I~~ be the one to take care of you –"

"Shut up."

"So harsh," he chuckled lightly in respond, but all you could do is grumble underneath your breath.

"Look, you're letting me stay, right? The least I can do is cook a few meals and stuff. But if you want to be helpful, set the table. I'm almost done anyways."

"Alright, alright," he chuckled, standing to his feet to reach expertly around the cupboards, grabbing plates and utensils and setting them upon the stable wooden table, which was only stable because he propped one of the legs up with a napkin.

But luckily for you, he stopped being a nescience as you finished cooking the meal for the evening... though his eyes upon your back was still a bit annoying. "... At least push back your bangs so I can see you," you scoffed, and as you turned your attention back to the Undertaker you noticed he had casually swiped his bangs to the side, grinning deviously at you while you rolled your eyes in response.

"Hehehehe~! You're so cute when you're flustered."

"I'm not flustered. I'm concentrating... But did you want to eat something else? I mean, I kind of just threw some leftovers you seemed to have lying around into a pot."

"I'll eat anything you make, my dear," he smirked, and his grin only grew at the glare you sent him before you scoffed and turned your attention back to the cooking. Slowly, you eventually shifted away from the pot, turning off the stove as you sighed lightly, only for the man to have stood up and make his way into the kitchen space. "I can serve the meal, my love. Please, sit down."

"I don't need to be coddled! –"

"I'm not coddling. I'm being polite," he stated, snickers leaving his breath as he pushed you over to the dining room table, and you groaned in defeat, but you let the man serve you the meal you just prepared, though you felt that it was unnecessary.

"My, my~! How delicious, my little rose."

"Hmm? I'm glad you like it," you smiled meekly in response as you sipped on your somewhat hot cup of tea, and you couldn't help but let your eyes linger as the man delightedly ate the meal you prepared for him.

Never would you ever think or even want to be a house wife. Forced to cook and clean and do mundane tasks, instead of being outside and going out on adventures, but... as you watched the man eat... maybe that's not a bad idea.

But then again, you're not even supposed to be here. No one should know you exist at all. Not here, not this time. And that thought made you... sad.

"... Something wrong, Lena?" you heard the Undertaker ask, and your eyes flickered upward from your plate to look at him, before they slowly glanced back down at your bowl of stew sitting upon a plate, with a piece of bread on the side.

"Ah... n... Yeah, I guess. I just hate realizing that none of this is supposed to be happening. That's all," you decided to state, your spoon reaching into the stew as you fished out some chunky pieces to plop into your mouth. "... Sorry."

"No, you're right. I suppose you're not supposed to be here, but my dear."

"Hmm?" you decided to responded, though you weren't fully paying attention to the man across the table from you as your thoughts lingered on your worrisome past.