13: Altering Appearances

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not posting a chapter in a long while. I kind of got busy. My mind wandered onto other projects and story ideas, but I just spent a couple of hours rereading my work! So I'm kind of caught up on my initial thoughts on the story and where this is going. We haven't gotten very far into the story yet... but I think this is the beginning of some UndertakerXReader action, and at the point I'm currently writing, I'm starting to move the plot forward. Still not sure where it's going! But at least it's heading somewhere, now.

Well... that's about it!

I feel bad that I haven't posted a single thing in... a full month, at least, but I'm slowly returning back to my Black Butler work. You can thank Chapter 142 for that. It wasn't too crazy... but we'll just say this story may be in its own timeline. I really don't know where the manga is going, but hey. It's still interesting!

But I'll be going on a family trip in a couple of days, so I may not post another chapter for a while. Maybe I'll have another posted before I leave? But I need to pack everything tomorrow, so that may not happen.

Anyways, I hope you guys have a good night. ENJOY!!!

!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!

"I just had to come by and see if this looks good on you!" you heard Nina exclaim, a playful giggle leaving her breath as you smiled at her meekly and began to strip.

Ever since she learned you have been working for the Undertaker, well, like most you've ever met she was disgusted, but then design ideas came to her in the middle of the night and she couldn't help but come up with a few ideas for your 'uniform'. Honestly, you didn't care. You'd rather just wear something simple, easily replaceable, instead an 'over the top' outfit that'll make you stick out like a sore thumb. But, then again, Mey-Rin's maid outfit was designed by Mrs. Hopkins, so you decided to give her the chance.

And somehow, all of this culminated into a fitting session at the Phantomhive townhouse. At least you're the only one that lives here... at the moment, and she got her early, this morning, so you had some time before you'd be late to your work.

And she somehow already knew that. How gossip flies around this city. Geeze.

Well, most of the dress designs were too... over the top? You know you're dampening her artistic abilities, but you needed something... simple. Simplistic. A bit stylish, but you can't be afraid to get gunk on yourself. In fact, it was going to happen, and you needed materials that would be easy to wash, as well.

But the outfit you just put on was just perfect, but you felt like one of those 'Victorian' cosplayers, or costume makers, that loved to wear 'stylish' outfits. You wish you could wear pants and a warm jacket but... this'll do, you suppose.

You were happy with this new, inventive skirt to pants design. You had to slip on, kind of baggy, but somewhat tight fitting black shorts, with black garters to keep your tights up. you slipped on a white collared shirt, but over the collar was a black and gray vestment, tight fitting, but not so tight that you'd look bloated if you ate anything. She had you try on all sort of skirt variants, from black to grays as well as blues, but the overall undergarment design was the same, which made everything that much easier. You only had to worry about a few white collared shirts, one or two vestments, and a bunch of skirt designs, and two black shorts.

"Here! What do you think?!! We could add one of those gray sashes –"

"That's a bit too much. Besides, I'm not the official mortician, and even if I was official that kind of off puts the entire design –"

"Then at the very least wear this hair clip!" she exclaimed with an excited giggle, revealing a somewhat small box and opening it, lifting up a miniature looking black hat with a small black veil, but it certainly didn't cover most of your face. Only a corner of your eye.