32: The Strenuous Ballroom

A/N: HEY GUYS!

So, finally we got back to some fancy stuff. That's kind of the reason I wanted to continue on with this story, in a way. I recall having a lot of fun writing this part of the story, though then I had writer's block and didn't know where I wanted to go with the story. So... yeah. Time has passed. At least a month in the story, if not more at this point. I'll be changing my wording for the days moving forward, so hopefully the passage of time isn't too odd.

Also, yes, I'm a fan of Citrus. I've read through the entire manga, in fact! You could say my thoughts on having some of my own OCs be bi comes from reading that manga. It's a really good story for anyone who likes lesbian stories. It's very realistic, at least I think it is as far as a manga goes. A nice slice of life that doesn't make fun of gays and lesbians. So... yeah. Personally, I wouldn't say I'm a lesbian, by any means. Maybe... bi? But I'm certainly more heterosexual then homosexual. I like to see sexuality as a spectrum, not something you have to pigeonhole yourself into.

But, that's how I wrote Selena. She doesn't necessarily care. After all, her first love was a female, and now there's Undertaker. I think for her it's more of a personality thing.

So... yeah!! I hope you guys are ENJOYING your weekend. I'm trying to. I'm just glad I have a couple of days off and catch up on my sleeping, finally.

!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!

"Presenting, Lady Elizabeth Midford and her companion, Lady Selena Rose," an announcer spoke at the door, and honestly you were shocked that you were being 'presented', but all eyes seemed to turn your way as the three of you descended the stairs, mainly ignoring Elizabeth and her maid and instead staring directly at you. But... you sucked in a deep breath, cleansing your lungs before you started trembling in fright at all of these people staring at you, judging you, and you continued to move freely down the stairs, until you reached the bottom of the steps to turn your attention to Elizabeth.

"So. This is a ball, eh?"

"Of course! In fact, I see some important people here, but I may be the youngest here," she pouted her lips and you gave her a curious look.

"Were you expecting someone else to be here?"

"Perhaps... Paula, could you get us some refreshments? Lena, we'll sit down over there," Elizabeth instructed you, and you barely noticed as the maid disappeared into the crowd while the girl grabbed your hand and pulled you towards a wall filled with plush looking chairs.

"So... What? We just sit here and wait for men to come by and talk to us?"

"You could say that," she giggled at your question as she turned her attention to the ballroom floor. "Say... Lena. Can I ask you a personal question?"

"I suppose," you responded as you watched the dancers, the people talking amongst each other in small pods around the room, and the musicians in the far off corner playing a rather boring, yet calm and refreshing waltz.

"Are you and the Undertaker more then business associates?" she asked in a curious tone, and you gave her a narrow eyed glance as she chuckled nervously to your silence. "I'm asking because he seems... different. I don't know the man personally, but I just have this feeling."

"Why do you ask? You think I care about him?" you scoffed, and you could tell the girl could notice how irritated you were by her questions, but she smiled sweetly, pretending you weren't mad at all, to turn her attention to the ballroom floor.

"I think so."

"... Why do men think they can't just tell us their feelings? Honestly. That man will be the death of me, I swear," you huffed, but as you noticed the intrigued look on the girl's face you sighed and gave her a light smirk in return. "Okay. You got me. Still, why do you ask?"