15: Motherly Influences

A/N: HEY GUYS!!!

So, I reviewed this chapter and the next one, but after that I'll be going off on my trip. Luckily, I finished packing, so now I can post these chapters without too many worries.

And yeah, Lena encounters a former Phantomhive and we all get to know Francis. Honestly, I wish her character was a bit more developed. I get it, she's Elizabeth and Edward's mother, but she could still get more screen time. Alexis Midford is an alright character and all, but our-Ciel could really learn more from her. Certain things about the family he never did learn from his predecessor.

And yeah. I wish we could finally learn the other-twin's name already. Is it Finn? Like, what is it already?!

And while I love reapers coming into the picture, I wonder where Chapter 143 is going to go. Is our-Ciel going to run off? And yes, I'm calling the twins our-Ciel and real-Ciel because, seriously, it'd be nice to have a name.

Oh well. Let the speculations begin!!!

But anyways, enough rambling. There's more dialogue with Francis in... I think chapter 17 as well, but I don't have time to review and post it. Maybe later, but not right now.

And if you guys have anything to say, don't be afraid to COMMENT!

Okay! ENJOY!!!

!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!

Life has been a bit... unnerving ever since Undertaker decided to kiss you.

But hey, you're certainly not complaining.

But you know how these grim reapers are.

Once humans, they have an extraordinary set of abilities to help them in their new existence. However, one of their worst crutches would be their poor eyesight, but... the Undertaker doesn't seem to have that problem at all, or at least he can hide his practical blindness rather easily.

But out of all the strange little things he now does freely around you, you have to say the one that freaked you out the most would have been about a week after you both agreed to try the whole 'dating' thing. Like usual, you got ready for bed, checked all the windows and doors, and slipped on your Phantomhive ring before going to bed. All you can remember is that your dream was...

Scary. Way too real, but whatever it was, you couldn't remember it when your eyes snapped open and you let out deep, shaky breaths. A tired groan left your breath as you curled up into your sheets, your left hand laying out in the open like it usually does, until you felt this unsettling feeling that something was watching you, and you slowly peeked your head out from underneath the sheets... only to let out a startled yelp.

"U-undertaker! What are you doing in here?! H-how'd you get into my room?" you had to ask, eyes wide open now, though your head was throbbing in pain, while you watched the black and white figure shifting from the foot of your bed, walking around to stand beside your previously slumbering body.

"Sorry love. I just... had this feeling I should pop in. You look adorable, by the way," he managed a smirk, but a scoff left your breath as you tried to sit up in bed, only for your shoulder to be pressed down slightly by the much stronger man. "No need to awaken, my little rose. I just wanted to keep an eye on you –"

"Do you watch me sleep normally?" you scoffed, but as he shrugged his shoulders in reply you rolled your eyes, only to sigh deeply in slight distress before leaning back into your pillow for a moment... before shifting out of your bed, regardless of his protest.

You slowly made your way to your window, the curtains closed as you peeked outside, noticing the summer rains pitter-pattering against the closed window. Yet, you did feel something seemed to be looking into the room, and you shuddered in disgust before making sure the windows were tightly shut before quickly drawing the blinds. But before the curtains completely closed, you felt Undertaker's hand over your own, taking the curtain with a smile and closing it at a much softer pace, his arm wrapping itself around your waist, though you could tell he seemed to be glaring at something outside of the window before pulling the blinds shut.