The Results Are In!

"I'm going to the zoo," Aly stated.

"But, why?" I asked, feeling a little hurt inside.

"I'm not interested in your Gym battle," Aly shrugged simply. "I just wanna take my mind off of all of this craziness going on in the world. I don't like feeling scared, Gary. You should really take some time off for yourself, too. Get into the history of Fuchsia City. There are so many interesting facts! Several years ago, the Pokemon zoo wasn't even around! It was torn down. They rebuilt it again! Even the Safari Zone was closed down during that time. Then there's the fact that the Pokemon Gym wasn't even located inside of Fuchsia City a long time ago. It was outside of Fuchsia, run by ninja Poison Pokemon Master Koga, you know, who was one of the Elite Four after. He gave the Gym to his daughter, Janine, who was later killed when attacked by a group of other rival ninjas while she was in the middle of a Gym battle with another Trainer. Fuchsia City didn't have a Gym for a while. It was closed down. Ozne was training hard as a Poison type Trainer and his reputation grew stronger and stronger and soon, he was recognized by the Kanto Pokemon League and was asked to be the new Gym Leader of Fuchsia City. Not only did he humbly accept, but he also rebuilt the Gym inside Fuchsia itself. He's amazing, isn't he? And he's only fifteen years old! He isn't that much older than me!" Aly's face started turning red.

"Why's his age matter?" I asked.

Aly's face blushed even harder. "Because...!" She seemed stuck on her words. "It shows you can do anything no matter how old you are! What are you saying, huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Just make sure when you're battling him, you pay attention to the battle and your eyes aren't filled with tears from missing June!" She stomped angrily out of the Pokemon Center, each step a noticeable thomp!

It was the next day. I had just finished eating breakfast at the cafeteria in the Pokemon Center with Aly, all my Pokemon in their Poke Balls, on my belt. An exchange of Weepinbell for my Dugtrio was also made with Prof. Oak using my Pokedex.

To my disappointment, Aly didn't care about seeing my Gym battle with Ozne, but was more interested in exploring the Pokemon zoo.

Her loss, I thought to myself, shrugging.

I understood she felt the need to clear her mind. I too was terrified over the things that were taking place all over the world. The news sounded insane, like an impossible nightmare. Mystery explosions, sudden fires, unsafe waters to swim in... But I couldn't let that deter me from my dream of becoming a Pokemon Master. This might not even be anything more than a natural disaster. A freak accident. I didn't really believe that, and I knew it, but I couldn't disprove the hopeful possibility, either, and with a deep breath, slowly exhaling, I left the Pokemon Center.

Aly was nowhere in sight.

With a sigh and a shake of my head, I strolled through Fuchsia alone. I took my time moving through this environment. Just inhaling the fresh air here filled me with a joy and energy that took me by surprise, removing my concerns. The sun beaming above, and the simplistic aura of the city itself that seemed dependent only on the power of humans, nature, and, perhaps even faith itself from both forces to keep it thriving, was incredibly inspiring. The feeling it gave me was out of this world. The material and structure of the buildings could have been built maybe one hundred years ago, but still remained fresh with a relevant atmosphere to this day. A train station that looked like it was from decades or so ago in its old fashioned design caused me to question its age with the cleaned look it had that made it seem like it was polished or possibly redone just yesterday. An enormous fir tree reached up to the sky in front of the train station. I had seen it when I first entered Fuchsia City, but I stopped now to truly look at its great beauty and size. Fuchsia City was a little like Pallet Town, but with more to do.