Round Four: Freezing Wins

"June?" I called as I stepped out of the bathroom.

The TV, three bunk beds, desktop computer, trash can, and four dressers were the only things in our room.

Strange, I thought to myself. Brushed my teeth, took a shower, and still no June. Where could she be? My fourth match is going to begin in about an hour. Stretching, I inhaled the scent of shower gel and a light aroma of water. The shower felt great and I was ready to get started battling at my final round in the preliminaries on the Ice Field.

Perhaps just as exciting was the fact that today, I was eleven years old. My birthday had arrived, and I felt a bit excited about it. My entire body shaking and twitching. I was thrilled and worried. I can't lose today, I told myself. It's my birthday, and my final round in the preliminaries. Today is my lucky day. I turned on the television with the remote and sat in the chair.

On the TV, kids were playing in a city I didn't recognize, laughing. A boy was chasing a girl, a small group of girls were skipping rope not far away, and a group of boys were in a basketball court, shooting hoop.

"What if everything you once knew..." a deep voice spoke out from the screen.

The screen faded to black, soon showing the entire city from above, the sun shining brightly, tall buildings standing proudly, the glistening sea beyond the city. The screen dramatically faded to black again and soon after, revealed a soccer field filled with cheering fans in the bleachers and two groups of young men, one group in red and white shorts and shirts, the other group in black and white. One man from the red side kicked the ball and it flew towards the goalie on the opposite team. The goalie leaped towards the ball, and it vanished before he could reach it.

The entire crowd gasped in shock as the goalie fell to the ground and looked around, confused.

"...was a lie?" the man's voice returned.

The net behind the goalie suddenly morphed into a scary, black beast and scooped up the man as he screamed.

Flashes of people running in a panic were shown, things around them turning into scary shapes and objects.

Buildings transformed into fire that gave chase after groups of people.

Water rose into the air, forming a scary face that crashed onto a beach, flooding it and taking screaming people in their swim outfits.

A statue turned its head with an angry face to grab a strong looking man by the throat.

"This summer," the man's voice continued. "Don't miss the movie critics are calling the only way to end the summer right."

Explosions!

The black beast from earlier was chasing a family down the street as other creatures that looked similar to it, but smaller, climbed buildings effortlessly, destroyed property, or chased others in the street.

"Maria Smow," the man of the commercial said as a scared woman ran away with tears in her face. "Bott Mist."

"Nothing is reeeal!" the actor Bott Mist yelled out in panic.

The ground beneath his feet rocked viciously and a pair of dark, red eyes appeared from the cement of the street he was standing on.

"They're everywheeeeeeere!!" Bott wailed.

World War Z flashed across the black screen in white letters, oroark later accompanying the rest of the title so it read World War Zoroark, a pair of red eyes flashing beneath the title.

"Now playing," the announcer ended.

I shook my head. Way too scary looking, I thought. I really wasn't the biggest fan of scary movies. I would have liked to see the movie, but I just hated getting scared.