We Might Not See Tomorrow

"It's been confirmed that a total of sixty people have been found dead so far in the Hoenn region between the areas of Route 124, Route 126, Route 127, Route 128, Route 129, Route 130, and Route 131, although the number is expected to increase," a male newscaster said from the TV, a stern look on his face, his broad shoulders displayed proudly as he sat upright and at attention in a very soldierlike manner. "The number of deceased Pokemon is expected to be astronomical, with a current number not released at this time. The tragedy is still a mystery and officials are continuing to look into it."

I turned away from the TV, looking at Aly.

Her face was full of fright and worry, eyes glued to the screen, mouth hung open just a little bit.

The Pokemon Center was full of more people than usual. Everyone was staring at the television. I wasn't even convinced half of these people actually had Pokemon of their own.

Nurse Joy sat behind the front desk, her beautiful, glowing blue eyes glued to the TV as well, full of the concern I'd expect from a caring, gentle, loving, angelic nurse such as herself.

I considered getting up and walking over to her to try to comfort her. Perhaps I could hold her for a moment and she'd find comfort in my arms. Perhaps we would come to realize we were meant to be and would live together happily ever after as a married couple. Perhaps we could spend our nights alone, intimately-

"I can't take it anymore!" Aly cried next to me, interrupting my private thoughts as my eyes swiftly moved from Nurse Joy to Aly, in shock. My friend got up and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the front door.

"HEY!" I said in surprise. "What are you doing?"
"How can you just sit there?" Aly stared at me like I was crazy. "Are you even paying attention to what they're saying on the news? How can you just keep watching like that? I'm terrified! What's going on out there, Gary?"

"I don't know, Aly," was all I could say.

"Exactly," her voice lowered but got more uncomfortable. "Nobody knows, and it's terrifying. I don't like being in a situation where I can't even think straight. I don't know what to think about this situation or what to do!"

"I don't think there's much that can be done, Aly." I placed my hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down.

She shook my hand off, staring at the floor. "I'm scared..." she whispered. "I don't like this." She left the Pokemon Center.

Just a couple of seconds passed before I made my way after her. The cold air greeted me as I saw Aly standing to the side of the Pokemon Center, her arms wrapped around herself, staring at the ground. I didn't know what to do and just stared silently.

Something horrible was going on in the Pokemon world. Sinnoh's Mt. Coronet was no more. The news said that the entire mountain was completely annihilated. There was nothing but fire everywhere, too intense and heated to put out or get anywhere near. The number of deaths for both Pokemon and humans was unknown, but they estimated at least a few dozen humans were probably in Mt. Coronet. The number of Pokemon they estimated to be inside were in the hundreds of thousands, at least. The cause was an intense debate, some arguing it started from exploding Pokemon like Graveler, while others insisted human interference.

Personally, I just knew all of this couldn't be an accident. I didn't know what was going on, but I felt that this all had to be happening on purpose. But... it very well could be some kind of odd, natural disaster going on. It was horrifying to think some kind of man made attack was deliberately going on, but I wasn't satisfied with accepting this could be so easily explained as just a freak accident or something in nature. My senses were splitting in two! The sound of a Pokemon coming out of its Poke Ball broke into my thoughts and I turned to see Aly hugging her Persian.