Chapter 38

Today is the first day back to school since winter break, and I'm not the happiest person in the world right now. Christmas night after dinner I went back to Stiles' house and some stuff happened. Since then we haven't really talked, he's been really busy with some werewolf stuff I guess.

I walked into the building with Isaac at my side, I could tell it was going to be a long day. I just really wasn't in the mood for anything at all, not even food, which was really strange. I walked into math not really paying attention to where I was going and I ran into someone. "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention." I mumbled looking up at him.

"No it's fine, I'm Liam by the way." he said smiling at me, "I'm Alyssa, but my friends call me Lyss." I said and the bell rang. I took my usual seat in the back next to the window, and since Ethan was gone there was an empty seat next to me. Liam decided to sit in the empty seat, "You're kinda the only person I know." he said and chuckled lightly.

"It's fine no one was sitting there anyways." I said taking out my text book. "Okay class we are now starting Chapter 8..."

__________After math_________

The bell rang and I got up out my seat grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. "What class do you have next?" Liam asked me as we walked out together. "I have English III, what about you?" I asked looking over at him.

"I have Chemistry. How are you in English III? Aren't you a sophomore?" he asked. "Yeah I took English I and II in freshmen year. I could walk you to Chemistry if you want." I offered smiling at him. "That would be great." he said and we went off to his class, "Down this hall and second door on your right." I said pointing at the hall in front of us.

"Thank you, I guess I'll see you later. bye Alyssa."

"Bye Liam." I said and waved as he walked away, I huried off to my class and stepped into the doorway right when the bell rang. "Good timing Mrs.Lahey." my teacher said frowning at me, she isn't a very lovely lady if you ask me. I quickly took my seat behind Stiles as she dragged on with the lesson.

"Where were you?" Lydia asked me quietly, "I was helping a new kid find their class." I said shrugging my shoulders. She nodded her head and turned around to face the front, through out the entire lesson Stiles didn't say a word to me. I was feeling just a little hurt, ok that's a lie I was feeling really hurt.

Nearing the end of the lesson Stiles turned his head and whispered, "We need to talk." Oh no. I didn't answer back I just nodded my head. Once the bell rang I packed up my stuff and meet Stiles out side of the door. "We need to go somewhere private." he said grabbing my hand and dragging me into an empty classroom.

"About the other night, I'm really sorry."

"Why would you be sorry-"

"Because you weren't ready."

"Yes I was, I totally was."

"Lyss I know when you're lying to me, now I know you weren't ready and I'm sorry."

"You're right."

"Then why did you want to -"

"Because Lydia told me to 'give you what you want', I was afraid you would leave me for someone who could give you what you wanted."

"Someone like..."

"Like Malia... I know you told me not to worry but I can't help it, I don't want to lose you Stiles."

"Why didn't you just tell me how you felt?"

"I don't know..." I mumbled looking down at my feet too embarrassed to look at him. Stiles sighed and made me look up at him, "You aren't going to loose me, I promise." he said looking down at me. "How do you know?" I asked biting my lip.

"Because... I love you." he said and crashed his lips into mine.