Chapter 6

I've been really paranoid since last Tuesday, I feel like someone is watching me all the time. Stiles and I have gotten closer over the past week and a half, Scott says I'm lucky because he doesn't let people in this easily, at all. Isaac and I made up Wednesday morning, only took a couple of seconds and we made up. It's Saturday and I'm hanging out with Stiles today because Isaac is gonna be gone and doesn't want me home alone, I don't blame him.

"Isaac! Stiles is here I'm leaving now!" I yelled as I saw his jeep out side. "Wait!" I heard Isaac yell and he came ruining down stairs, "Can't leave with out giving me a hug." he said arms open wide. "You are such a dork." I said and hugged him then ran out the door, getting into the jeep. "Hey nerd, how you feeling?" I asked fixing my beanie and smiling at him. He gave me a small smile, "Good, how about you jitter bug?" he asked pulling out of the driveway. "Doing good, so we're are we going?"

"I want to show you something."

"Am I gonna like it?"

"I hope so..." he said quietly and we pulled into his driveway. I have him a confused look but he just motioned for me to get out of the car. I've never been to his house before, but on the outside it looked like any other house. "Stiles, why do you want to show me your house?" I asked giggling as we walked up to the porch. "It's what's in the house, not the house it's self." he said and opened the door for me.

I looked around, it was a nice house very cozy, but it felt like it was missing something. "Nice house." I said turning to him as he took off his jacket, "Yeah, it is." he said and sighed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs, then into his room. "Stiles...what are we doing in your room?" I asked looking around, it wasn't very clean but neither is mine so I can't really talk.

"Here." he said and put a picture frame in my hands. In the picture there was a woman about 34 or 35 with a little boy about 5 in her arms. They were both smiling, they looked so happy. The woman had long light brown hair and dark brown eyes, she was very pretty. The little boy had brown hair and brown eyes just like her, that's when it hit me.

"Is this your mom?" I asked quietly, shocked he would show me this. He nodded his head a tear slowly finding its way down his cheek. "Yeah...that was on my birthday, I had just turned 6. She got me this magic kit, I was so weird when I was little. I always told her that I was gonna be a magician when I got older, and she always supported me." he said and sniffiled, sitting down on his bed.

I smiled and sat next to him, "She sounds like she was a wonderful mother." I said quietly putting my arm around him. "Yeah she was. Sometimes when I'm missing her really bad I'll take this picture out of my closet and just talk to her. Tell her about everything that's going on in my life, the good." he said and looked at me, "And the bad." he finished and looked at his stomach.

"I know how you feel, I do the same thing with my mom. I miss her so much some times I'll just sit in my room, look out my window, and look at the sky knowing she's watching over me." I said talking a deep breath and looked to see Stiles was smiling at me. "What?" I asked feeling insecure and blushing a little. Over the past week and a half I have been crushing on Stiles like crazy. I don't know what it is about him, but he's just...different. "Why would any one ever want to hurt you?" he asked playing with my fingers.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned away from him, "I don't know... just cuz I was there I guess." I said blinking away the tears. "I won't let him hurt you." he said and I looked at him with a sad smile, "He's gonna find me, doesn't matter what you say or do he will find me." I said shaking my head. "Not if I have anything to do with it." he said and pulled me up.

"You shouldn't have anything to do with this, I don't want to see you get hurt." I said turning to him. His eyes got dark and I felt that familiar chill run down my spine, "Well I don't really care about what you want." he said getting closer until my back hit the wall. "Clearly." I said my eyes getting darker as well, all of the sudden his face softened up and he chuckled, "You're cute when you try to act mad." he said and I looked at him shocked

"Did you just call me cute?" I asked shyly, he looked at me and smirked, "I sure did." he said and got closer to me. "Um..thanks." I said blushing and looked out his bedroom window, "Stiles, who is that?" I asked pointing to a man with black hair he was pretty built and cute, he was looking inside Stiles' jeep. Once I got a good glimpse at his face I smiled so hard my face hurt, "Derek..." I said and started running down stairs. I could hear Stiles running after me as I made it out the door, "Derek!!" I yelled then he turned around.

"Lyss? is that you?" he asked shocked and I tackled him in a bear hug. "I can't believe it's you!" I said as he put me down, "I can't believe it's you Lyss, when did you get here!?" He asked and hugged me again. Stiles ran out the door and over to the two of us, "How do you two know each other?" he asked pulling me away from Derek.

I pulled my arm away from Stiles and fixed my jacket, "Derek's my cousin, he's lived here all his life. His mom is my dad's sister." I said smiling and it faded after I said dad. "HE is related to your dad?" Stilles asked putting me behind him, why is he acting so protective? "Stiles, he's not like my dad, he loves me. He would never hit me, I promise." I said quietly as I pulled him away from Derek.

"You don't know that, he could of changed!"

"well obviously you know him so has he changed?"

"was he still a sarcastic ass?"

"Yeah he was, just not to me!"

"guys! I'm standing right here!" Derek said and chucked, I looked at him "Sorry." I said and Stilles went up to Derek. "What are you doing here anyways?" he asked seeming nervous, "Just wanted to make sure you made it home last night." he said and just walked off. The fuck?