The Day Our Lives Changed

*Austin*

It was the 6th of August. Ryleigh and I were back home from tour. We were both currently sitting on the couch watching a movie. Ryleigh got up to go to the bathroom she was now 25 weeks pregnant. She had a prenatal appointment today so we could see how Rastus was doing. We got into the car, we were excited to see how he was doing. We got to the doctors office and went inside. Once we were checked in we were called in shortly.

"Good morning guys." Dr. Young said.

"Good morning doc." Ryleigh said.

"How are you doing today?" The doctor asked.

"I'm good." Ryleigh answered.

"That's good, can you lay back for me." The doctor responded.

Ryleigh did as the doctor told her. Dr. Young put the ultrasound gel on Ry's stomach, she then moved the tool around. Ryden showed up on the screen.

*Ryleigh*

Rastus was on the ultrasound screen he was so perfect. I already loved him so much and I know that Austin did too. The doctor took tool off my stomach and wiped the gel off, I sat up.

"So Ryleigh I'm transferring you to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and over to their birthplace." Dr. Young said.

"Why! What's wrong with Rastus? I'm only 25 weeks." I responded frantically.

"The umbilical cord is wrapped around his neck, which is extremely dangerous." She responded.

She left to go call the ambulance. Austin pulled me into his chest, stroking my hair. He kissed my head as I started crying.

"Hey it's okay we'll get through this and Rastus will be fine." Austin reassured.

Shortly after we were in the ambulance on our way to the hospital. I hated the thought of having Ryde through an emergency C-Section. We got to the hospital shortly after, we were brought into a room they had all setup for us. Dr. Young was there, she told me to get into a hospital gown. Once I was in the gown she gave me an epidural and anesthetics. I breathed deeply as I waited for the C-Section to start. Austin kissed my forehead gently and held my hand, he was in blue scrubs with his hair underneath the hair net. To be honest he looked hot, but then again he's always hot. The doctor told me that she was going to start my C-Section. I breathed deeply again squeezing Austin's hand.

"You'll be okay, Rastus will be okay, we'll be okay." Austin reassured again.

It was a long and delicate procedure but eventually at 4:20 pm, Rastus Austin Post was born. He was quiet and then the technicians took him to the NICU. The doctor stitched me up and left Austin and I in the room.

"I wanna go see him." I said

"Okay." Austin said.

He rolled the wheelchair towards the bed and helped me into it. Austin rolled me down the hall towards the NICU.

*Austin*

Ryleigh and I got to the NICU we reached Rast's incubator. He was so tiny he was hooked up to all of these different machines. He was apparently only 2 lbs. I looked down to see Ryleigh's hand on the incubator's glass crying. Seeing Ry cry and seeing how tiny Rast was made me cry. I managed to get a picture and post it on Instagram.

Liked by vindiesel, justinbieber, 21savage, quavohuncho, codybwalker, and 9M others

postmalone Welcome my tiny Rastus. Born 08-06-18 at 4:20 PM born at 25 weeks gestation, weighing only 2 lbs. I love you so much more than you'll know. And your mommy's pretty awesome too.
View all 8,536,546 comments
justinbieber He's so tiny dude.
codybwalker He's handsome.
20 minutes ago

I got off Instagram after posting the picture. I rolled Ryleigh out of the NICU. We got back into her room and I picked her up setting her on her hospital bed. I crawled next to her and just held her, she was crying into my shirt. I continued to reassure her like I had been. She eventually fell asleep, I left her there she clearly needed to rest.