Oh God

*Austin*

My parents had flown to Cali to watch Rastus. Ryleigh was still in the hospital and I wasn't leaving her side. I was looking down at the floor playing with my thumbs.

"A..ustin."

I looked at Ryleigh, she was awake. I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked at her. I got up kissing her head lightly.

"Au...stin I'm so... Sorry." She stammered.

"Hey, it's okay. You're alive that's all that matters." I replied.

"But it's no...t, I tried to k...ill my...self." She shakily said.

She sounded horrible, and she was still looking pretty lifeless. She could barely make out full sentences. I looked at her grabbing her hand.

"You're okay and you're alive, I love you so much." I said.

*Ryleigh*

Austin was in tears, I can't believe I did this to him. I feel so bad he didn't deserve this, I was selfish. I was only thinking of myself. I looked up at him and held his tattooed hand. I saw the bandage on my arm, feeling so much worse. I closed my eyes breathing softly.

*Austin*

Ryleigh had fallen back asleep. I thanked God for saving Ryleigh. I walked to the cafeteria to buy a drink and grab some food. I was too worried to eat. I had gotten a Mexican bowl and a water, bringing it back upstairs. I got back to Ryleigh's room, the doctor was in her room.

"Ah Mr. Post, I just took Ryleigh's vitals and she seems to be doing better. She'll have to be eating bland foods, also she'll have to go into a psych ward." He said.

"I'm sorry, what was that last sentence." I said.

"She's going to be in psych ward for a bit." He responded.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because she attempted to end her life. She needs help. It won't be long." He said.

"Just l..et me go A...ustin." Ryleigh said.

"I don't want you to." I said.

"But i..t's for the b...est." She told me.

I breathed heavily and nodded my head.

"Okay." I said.

The doctor nodded and left the room. Ryleigh sat her bed up, so she herself was sitting up. She looked down at her bandaged arms.

*Ryleigh*

I was sitting up and looking at Austin I realized that I fucked up my life. It hurts to know that I'm hurting Austin. He looked so sad, and it was all my fault. I decided to try and end my life, and he was paying for it now. I can't even think about Rastus. The doctor came in with another doctor. They started to do an intake with me, Austin sat quietly looking at me every now and then. I could see the hurt in his eyes, the doctors finished my intake. Austin was quiet as they admitted me into the ward.

" I l...ove you so m...uch Austin." I choked on my words.

"I love you too Ryles." He responded.

The doctors took me to the mental health ward in the hospital.