Hold On

*Austin*

I called the ambulance wrapping everything I had around her arms holding her close to me, crying I heard the distant sounds of an ambulance getting closer and closer. I picked up Ryleigh bridal style carrying her downstairs.

Hold on, I still want you
Come back, I still need you

I heard the ambulance pull into my driveway, I called Justin to come watch Rast. I opened the door for the EMTs they came in with a stretcher. I laid Ryleigh on the stretcher, I looked at her while I cried.

"I'll be at the hospital soon baby." I mumbled.

They took you away on a table

I watched the ambulance pull out of the driveway and speed down the street. Justin pulled in shortly after rushing into the house.

"Stay here with Rastus I'll be back." I said still crying.

Justin nodded. I left my house, got into my car and sped down the street. They took her to the nearest hospital, so that's where I was going. I parked my car and ran into the hospital and up to the front desk.

"Ryleigh Post." I said frantically.

"How are you related to the patient?" The clerk said.

"I'm her husband Austin Post." I replied.

"She's in critical condition, and just went into surgery. We'll notify you when she gets out." She said sympathetically.

I nodded and walked away from the desk. I paced back and forth in the waiting room.

I don't wanna let go
I know I'm not that strong
I just wanna hear you
Saying baby, let's go home
Let's go home
Yeah, I just wanna take you home

I scrolled through Instagram trying to focus my mind on something else. I came across a picture Justin had posted.

Liked by rriproarin, jodiepost, postmalone, and 1M others

justinbieber Rast's is five months old today my little nephew is five fucking months old.
View all 574,845 comments
postmalone Aweh baby boy
Username1 So cute
10 minutes ago

I was pulled out of my thoughts.

"Austin Post." A nurse said.

I ran over to her breathing deeply.

"She just got out of surgery, I can take you to see her if you'd like."

I nodded. She led me into the back. Taking me to Ryleigh, I got to her room. I took a deep breath before walking into her room. I walked into her room, when I saw her I broke down in tears once again. She had two IV bags hanging above her, she had an oxygen mask on, and she looked so fucking lifeless. I wish I had seen this coming, but I didn't. I pulled a chair up to her bed grabbing her hand, and held it in mine. I couldn't do anything for her so I watched her sleep, she was so peaceful. I brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear, she was absolutely out cold. I sat there in complete silence, thoughts inside of my brain were swimming. I continued to watch her sleep, not wanting to leave her side.