Tired

I watched as my brother walked into my room. He sent me a small smile and I didn't smile back.

"Do you, um, wanna go somewhere today with me, Jordan, and Jazmyne?"

Say yes.

I shook my head a little.

That's not what I told you to say.

"We're going to the park, it's your favorite place?" 

That wasn't true. My favorite place was in Jacob's arms. 

"We're getting ice cream after" he added, I looked at him. I could see the hope in his eyes and as much as I wanted to stay in my room all day, I didn't want to hurt him. 

You do like ice cream, Bria.

"So what do'ya say?" 

I shrugged a little and climbed out of the bed. I guess I could coroporate just this one time. 

>>*<<

I hung upside down from the monkey bars as I let the wind blow through my hair. It had grown longer then I expected it to. It now came past my shoulders and stopped right in the center of my back. I opened my eyes and saw Ray was pushing Jordan on the swings. 

They've got a thing going on, don't they?

I nodded. 

I knew it. It was so easy to tell when I was alive.

I blinked a couple of times to keep my tears from falling. 

I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking when I said it.

I wiped at my eyes and nearly fell when I didn't keep my legs around the handle bar as tight as I should've.

Be careful. 

Okay. 

"Hey, Bri!" I turned my head and saw Jazmyne was sitting at a picnic table. She smiled at me and gave me a questionable look as she motioned for me to come over. I grabbed onto the handle bar and unhooked my legs and dropped down to the ground. I landed wrong and ended up falling on my ass. 

Jacob's laughter filled my head and I frowned. 

Not funny.

It kind of is.

I stood up and walked over to Jazmyne. I climbed on top of the picnic table and sat down. 

"Hey" she greeted. 

I looked at her. 

"Still not talking I see?"

I shook my head. 

"Why not?" 

I gave her a confused look. Why would she ask me a question when she knows I'm not going to answer her? Ray does the same thing, and I'm pretty sure it's just to see if he can trick me into talking again. Maybe that's what she's doing now? I don't know, but if it is; it's not going to work. 

"I heard you're coming back to school" she said as she watched Ray continue to push Jordan on the swing, "excited?" 

I shrugged a little, I wanted to tell her 'not really' but you know.... The whole mute thing just wouldn't allow it. Sometimes I miss talking, and of course, I know that at any moment I can just open my mouth and let all the words that I've been keeping in, flow out.... But just the mere thought of that terrifies me. 

Why?

Because I don't want to speak to anyone; unless it's you. 

>>*<<

"She still isn't talking?" Jordan murmured to Ray.

He shook his head and said, "no, I don't know what to do to get her to. She only communicates through looks and writing things down on paper". 

"Maybe we should get her a whiteboard" Jordan said with a shrug. 

The thought of a whiteboard excited me for some reason. I always did like them when I was a smaller child, they were easy and fun to write on. 

I liked to doodle on them when I was little.

I tapped Ray's shoulder and he looked at me. How was I going to tell him that I liked the whiteboard idea?

I stared at him and he did the same to me. 

"Did you hear us talking about you?" He asked. 

I nodded a little. 

"Bria, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it in a rude way when I brought up the idea of you getting a silly whiteboard" Jordan apologized quickly, "I just want you to have an easier way to communicate with us, is all". 

I shook my head and held out my hands, I made a thumb's up motion. 

"Good?" Ray asked. 

I was trying to say good idea, but he just wasn't getting it. 

Maybe if you spoke.

I opened my mouth and they both gave me a hopeful look. I closed it. 

So close.

I continued to make my thumb's up motion and Ray kept giving me a confused look. 

"She's trying to say good idea, dumbass" Jazmyne said as she walked up to us with her ice cream, "even I know that". 

"Really? You actually like the whiteboard idea?" Jordan asked. 

I nodded and smiled. Maybe if I got a whiteboard, it'll be one step closer to me actually speaking again. Who knows.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Next chapter a new character will be introduced ^_^ Well, he's not really new, but yeah.

Love,

Me.