Detention (pt.2)

I leaned back in the desk I was sitting in as I waited for the clock to hit 3:15. 

The room I was in was quiet and there were five other kids here. 

I was in detention. 

My first detention, and hopefully my last. 

I sat up in the front of the class, so I have no idea what any of the other kids are doing. 

Out of the five, I only know two. 

Shania and Chresanto. 

Explain what happened.

Okay, okay, so here's what happened. After I slapped Shania, we got into this whole fight in the cafeteria and people were rooting for either me, or her. Eventually two lunch ladies broke up the fight and the principal came and told us we had detention, the only reason why we got detention and not suspended was because it was both our first time doing something like this. Chresanto's here because he punched some kid, I think? I don't know, he's just here. 

And tell them what you gave Shania.

I gave her a bloody nose and a cut lip. 

And what did she give you?

She gave me a bruised cheek and a couple cuts here and there. She didn't even hit me that much. 

Ya'know how there's different types of fighters?

You've got the one that punches a lot.

The one that slaps.

The one that claws at you, like they're a fucking cat or some shit. 

You also have the hair puller, I guess hoping to snatch your weave out in front of everybody. I don't know?

Well, let me tell you. Shania is a fucking hair puller.

The bitch kept grabbing at my hair like she wanted it for herself. 

Well, I mean... You do have nice hair.

>>*<<

"You all can leave now" the teacher said as he began to collect his things. 

I stood up and grabbed my bag.

I was the first to leave out of the room, I had to get home. 

I already know my parents are waiting for me, and I also already know that they're mad right now. 

"Bria!" I heard someone call out just before I stepped outside, I looked over my shoulder and saw Chresanto. 

I watched him jog up to me, "you're a fast walker, you know that?" 

I nodded. 

He took a deep breath and finally smiled, "let me take you home?" 

I nodded a little and walked outside with him. He led me to his car and pulled his keys from his pocket, he unlocked the car and opened the passenger door for me. 

I smiled a little and got in the car. 

He closed the door and I watched him circle around the front of the car and get in on his own side.

"So are you okay?" He asked as he started the car, "I never got to ask after your brother pulled you away from Shania".

I pulled my whiteboard and marker from my bag. 

Yeah, I'm okay. Are you?

He nodded, "okay, good, and yeah".

I brushed my fingers across the bruise on my cheek and looked out the window.