Detention (pt.1)

"Hi".

I turned away from my locker and saw Katelyn.

Yaaay.

Sarcasm. Just in case no one caught it.

"Lunch retry?" She asked curiously.

I nodded a little.

Sure.

"Okay, cool. I'll see you then".

Alright, bye.

I watched as she walked off, I rolled my eyes a little and closed my locker shut. I quickly locked it and walked down the hall.

"Hey" Chresanto said as he walked up beside me.

Hey.

"How's it going?"

Good.

As I was walking, I noticed everything began to blur in and out and the hall began to spin. I stopped walking and tried to steady myself, but failed because I felt myself falling and I couldn't stop it. I braced myself for the floor but it never came; instead I felt someone catch me.

It was Chresanto.

"I thought you said it was going good?" He asked me, he helped steady me but his arm never left my waist.

I'm fine, really. It's just, I'm on this new antidepressant and the side effects aren't too good.

"Ah, okay, got it".

>>*<<

I sat down at Katelyn's table.

Alright, let's try this again.

"Hey, Bria" Emily said with a small waive.

I smiled a little.

Hey.

So far so good.

"That shirt looks cute on you" Erika said casually as she took a bite of her salad.

Thanks.

Katelyn smiled a little but didn't say anything.

"You're in my spot".

Aaaand here's the bitch.

I looked up at Shania and smiled.

Sorry, I wasn't aware that this seat was yours. I mean, I don't see a name so.

"Yeah, well, it is so" she stated.

So.

"You're gonna get up".

There's a seat right there.

I wasn't about to let her boss me around when there was an empty seat right in front of her.

She huffed and I watched as she sat.

"So, um..." Erika said lightly.

"What's Chresanto like?" Katelyn asked with a smile, "he looks so rough and aggressive".

I shook my head a little.

He doesn't act like it. Not around me, at least. He's really nice.

"That's cause he likes you" Emily said with a smile, "duh".

"I don't see why he would" Shania muttered as she ate a French fry.

What'd you say? I couldn't hear you.

"I said, I don't see why he would" she said bluntly.

What is with you? I know you don't like me, but I don't understand why.

"No, Bria, she's like this with everyone" Erika reassured, "it's not just you".

"I don't like you because you took him away from me. Chresanto never went to the library to study until you did".

And that's my fault, how?

"Just forget it, be the bitch, I don't care".

Me? The bitch? Hell no. I'm not the bitch here, you are. You've been treating me like I'm less than you, and for what? Just because Chresanto stopped talking to you.

Shania glared at me and stood up, I did the same.

Bri, calm down.

I ignored him.

I knew people were watching the two of us, my eyes scanned the room and met Chresanto and Rayan's gaze.

Chresanto shook his head a little.

"I bet you won't say that to my face" Shania announced so everyone could here, I looked at her.

"Oh, wait, you can't".

Light laughter filled the air.

At this point, I would've just walked away from the situation, but this medication was messing with my mood and my feet stayed planted to the floor.

"Leave my sister alone" Ray said seriously.

"Shania, quit" Emily stated.

"No, I'm gonna let Bria know what I really think of her" Shania said loudly, "you're fucking pathetic for going mute over some boy, and you're a slut for going after another. You want people to fucking pity you".

None of that is even fucking true! You're not pathetic, nor a slut, and when have you ever wanted people to pity you?

My tears suddenly appeared because I couldn't believe I was really in this situation right now. Everyone was staring at me and was waiting for me to say something back, but I couldn't. And they all knew it.

I quickly blinked back my tears.

Shania chuckled, "am I hurting your feelings?" She paused. "Oh, well. Go and cry in your boyfriend's arms. Oh, hold on. You can't do that either, because he's dead".

I slapped her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes. 

Love,

Me.

P.S. Do you all like the new cover?