Laying Low

"Hey, Bria!" Jordan said as she walked up to my locker with Jazmyne. 

Where have they been?

I don't know. 

Hey, where have y'all been?

Jazmyne shrugged a little, "around".

"Sorry that we haven't talked to you much these past couple weeks, but anything big happen?" 

I shook my head a little. 

No. I'm still depressed, I have a psychiatrist, I'm on an antidepressant, and yeaah. That's it.

"Oh, so you're not gonna tell us about how you fought Shania yesterday?" Jazmyne asked curiously. 

Oh, yeah. 

I fought Shania yesterday.

"Why?" Jordan asked, "you're usually not one for fighting?"

I don't know, she just kept making fun of me going mute and she took it too far when she talked about Jacob, and I just slapped her and then bam. We're fighting.

"Oh, man, I wish I was there. I would've totally helped you out" Jordan said. 

"Jordan, you can't fight" Jazmyne stated as she looked at her. 

"I can, too". 

"No, you can't"

"Then how come I hit that one girl like, two weeks ago? Hm?" 

"That was because she touched your food without asking" Jazmyne said as she rolled her eyes. 

"That's not tru- Oh, no, wait. Yeah, it is, nevermind".

 >>*<<

"Hey" Katelyn said, I was walking down the hall; making my way to the library. 

Hi.

"I know you probably don't want to hear it, but um..." She trailed off, "I'm sorry, I know you probably don't wanna sit with us anymore". 

It's not your fault, and yeah, I think I'll just stick to sitting with my brother, Chresanto, and two of my other friends.

"Alright, that's cool, but could we still find time to talk?" She asked. 

I looked at her emerald eyes and realized that all she really wanted was another friend.

I nodded. 

Yeah, sure.

She smiled, "okay". 

I'll see'ya around, I gotta go.

"Okay, bye". 

I waived and walked off. 

I was a little bit late with getting to the library, so as I sat down Chresanto looked up at me. 

Hey.

"Hey". 

What's wrong?

He shook his head a little, "nothin'".

Did you get a lecture when you got home?

He nodded this time and said "yup, did you?"

I nodded too. 

Yeah, a little one though.

"Oh, well at least it wasn't long".