Regret (pt.1)

You and Chresanto have been talking a lot lately.

It's only been three days, Jacob, and we only talk in the library or at lunch.

Still, that's a lot of talking.

You seem jealous.

I'm not jealous, I'm just protective.

Can't really protect me if you're in my head.

I can try.

Why're you being protective anyway?

He's the guy who bullied me when I was alive and he stood and watched me get beat the fuck up. What do you mean 'why're you being so protective?' He's not a good person.

He may have changed. 

Hmmm, yeah, sure, okay.

Don't be like that, Jacob. 

Be like what?

Like that.

I'm not.

I sighed and sat down on my bed. I took off my shoes and used a hairtye to collect my hair into a ponytail.

Give him a chance?

I frowned when he didn't answer me, I slipped into the sweatjacket that he used to own. 

I remember that jacket. How'd you get it?

Your mom gave it to me. She said that she thought I should have it. 

Oh.

Yeah.

I miss my mom. Can we visit her sometime soon?

I felt on the end of the jacket.

Please?

I nodded.

What's wrong?

Nothing, I just... I miss her too, is all.

Oh, are you sure nothing else is wrong?

Yeah.

>>*<<

Take me to Jacob's house, please?

Ray looked at me in confusion, he shook his head a little "I don't think that's a good idea?" 

I know, but I miss Ms. Perez and I want to say hello to her and see how she's doing.

"Bria, I really don't think that's a good idea". 

Why not?

"She's not doing too good".

What? What does he mean?

I quickly wiped away the words on my whiteboard and wrote: what do you mean?

He sighed, "I heard mom and dad talking the other day. Bria, she's not doing good, that's all I can tell you because that's all I know". 

I need to see her. I have to make sure my mom's okay, Bria, please get him to take you.

I rubbed my temple and huffed at the headache I was getting. This was all too much right now. 

I need to see her, it's for personal reasons.

I couldn't tell him it was because of Jacob. No one really knows that I can hear him. I've kept it a secret since the day I first heard him at his funeral.