See you Later

"Hey, baby girl" Chresanto greeted as he walked into the house with my brother. It's been a good two weeks since my last suicide attempt. I'm seeing another therapist, but I'm still seeing Dr. Hayes too. I'm four days clean and that's a big accomplishment for me. I'm slowly getting better as I go along.

I looked at him, "hi".

He took off his book bag and placed it in a corner of the living room. He came and sat next to me. "How are you?" He asked before kissing my cheek.

"I'm good". I smiled a little because I wasn't lying. I genuinely felt good. "And how about yourself?"

"That's good, and I'm good too".

"Chres, did you tell her your news?" Ray asked as he emerged from the kitchen with a bottled water and an apple.

"Oh, yeah, I'm not moving".

I completely forgot all about that, I was so deep in my personal shit the past few days, that I completely forgot that he may be moving.

"My parents figured their shit out, so it's all good" he explained.

I nodded a little, "that's good, I'm glad you get to stay".

Even though I was speaking again, I didn't do it often. After a long time of listening to someone, I'd often search for the whiteboard and marker that I always used to communicate with, then remember that I don't need it. I'm still not use to being able to speak. I often wonder if it's not too late to go back to being mute. Of course I want to be able to actually speak to people, but I was doing just fine with my whiteboard. I've voiced my feelings on the matter to Ray and my friends and they all seem to understand. They said it was my choice and whatever I chose, they would be fine with it. I still don't know what to choose.

You seem distracted.

"Thinking is all".

"Huh?" Chresanto asked, I looked at him and shook my head a little. "Sorry, I was just... Thinking out loud".

"Are you sure you're good?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine".

He gave me a hesitant look and I laughed a little, "Chres, I'm okay". I sent him a reassuring smile before kissing his cheek. He turned his head and made me kiss his lips, he pulled me into him and I let him. I liked feeling his warm embrace. 

"Chresanto" I murmured, my fingers fiddled with the end of his shirt. I just needed something to touch, I wasn't trying to be sexual in any type of way. I just wanted to know that he was really there. 

"Mhm?" He hummed. 

"Thank you" I said as I looked at him. 

"Why're you thanking me? I didn't do anything, at least... I don't think I did" he replied. 

I nodded a little, "you did". I pecked his lips, "you haven't given up on me, you understand what I'm going through and you're still with me. You haven't left me yet".

"No, yet. There shouldn't be a yet in that sentence because I'm not leaving" he promised, "I'd never leave you because I love you and that's not going to change at all". He placed a quick kiss to my lips, "understand?"

I nodded but kept quiet. "Good" he stated, he brought me onto his lap as to where I was facing him. He placed his hands on my thighs and I looked at him, "tell me something" he said calmly. 

"Like what?" I asked. 

"Anything" he answered, "I just wanna hear your voice". 

"Okay" I said lightly, I messed with his shirt as I thought about what to say. "The average person falls asleep in seven minutes".