No Show

'Jacob'.

'I get to go home tomorrow'

'Why the hell am I talking to you when you're not there?'

'I'm really going crazy at this point'.

I shook my head a little.

"What're you thinking about?" Ray asked, he was sitting in the chair off to the right of the bed. Today he was snacking on a fruit cup from the cafeteria. "Do you think it'd be wrong if I came and just ate their food? Even when I don't know any inpatient here?"

I shrugged a little, happy that he forgot the first question he asked me. "Yeah, I don't know either" he replied.

I stared blankly at the wall before looking at the door. I couldn't see the waiting room from where I was.

Is Chresanto still in the waiting room?

"Yeah" Ray answered before eating a peach cube, "he never left".

Never?

"Well to do the usual, like shower and eat".

Then he's right back in the waiting room?

He nodded, "yup".

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was he here? Why was he waiting to see me and kissing me before I'm completely asleep. I didn't understand.

"Why do you ask? Do you want to see him?"

I shook my head a little.

No.

"Something happened, didn't it?" He asked, he set his fruit cup down on the table, along with the spoon. "Did he do something to you?"

I shook my head again.

No.

"You sure?" He picked his fruit cup and the spoon up again. "'Cause if I need to beat his ass, I will".

You don't.

>>*<<

I don't have to go back to school, do I?

"No" Dr. Hayes answered. "Quite frankly, I don't think it's a good idea, there's people there that aren't helping you get better. You don't need to be around that negativity, not until you're either stable or something at the school is done".

I nodded a little.

Right.

"I already discussed it with your brother, and he said he's fine with picking up any homework or written lessons from all of your classes, and he's also fine with dropping off your homework the next day".

I was so grateful for him. I swear. I don't know why I'm putting him through this, having to do things for me because I can't do them on my own. I have to remember to really thank him when I see him again.

I'm still going home tomorrow, right?

She nodded, "yes".

I smiled a little and then I thought of something.

With all the patients you've worked with, how many have committed suicide?

"I can't really tell you about my other patients" she stated, "but all I'm going to say is a few".

I nodded.

Oh.

"Yes, but many have not".

Okay.

"Why do you ask?"

Nothing, just trying to figure out which group I'm going to end up going to.

>>*<<

"Chresanto's still in the waiting room" Ray informed, "maybe, just maybe, he's waiting for you".

I gave him a blank stare before looking at the tv. I heard him groan, "he's so scared".

Okay.

"I am now officially convinced something happened".

Nothing, happened. Don't worry about it. I get to leave tomorrow.

He nodded, "mhm, you do. I've got a surprise for when you come home".

You do?

"I do".

Is it food?

"Maybe, maybe not".

Hmmm, okay.

>>*<<

I was going to stay awake and wait for Chresanto to show up. I wasn't going to pretend that I was sleeping. I needed to see him.

I fiddled with the IV tube and told myself he'd come soon. I made myself comfortable and waited. What was I going to say when I saw him? What was he going to say to me?

Five minutes passed.

Ten minutes passed.

Twenty five minutes passed.

Forty five minutes passed.

One long hour came and went.

He wasn't going to come this time.

I let it go and laid down. I closed my eyes and did the complete usual, I thought about things and people. I stopped thinking when I heard someone walk into the room. I opened my eyes and looked up. It was my nurse.

Chresanto didn't show up.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
This is short too, I'm sorry. 
Also, sorry for any mistakes.
Love,
Me.