Distraught Chapter 37

Jinxx's POV
I finally convinced dad to come and see mom, after all these painful years. He gathered the last of his remaining courage putting that bottle down, his hand laced with hers sitting beside her limp body on that same patients bed. One beep, Two beeps, now three. A long pause as a single beep rang out setting alarm through us both seeing her chest still, not rising nor falling. "No..." "Smiley! Here now!" His form slamming the door open rushing to her side, twisting and turning the machines cogs. Father standing, staring at her still body, eyes wide letting his grasp on her hand go stepping back hitting the wall. Jack joining smiley in his work, the shock paddles placed to her chest after rubbing them together, electric currents being sent throughout her body with every shout. "Come on (Y/n), hang in there baby" 

Without a moments hesitation i ran, i ran as fast as my legs could take me, i don't know where, just anyplace away from that scene. Sometimes its best to run from your problems, especially ones that already have an outcome set in stone such as this one. Paying no mind to the loud slams of footsteps behind me, growing closer and closer eventually pulling me to his chest, me and father falling to our knees at the front garden in utter distraught. My tears never ceasing to fall as he held me closer. 

Luka's POV

It was a hard decision, but i made it, i'll return one last time to see her face. Making my way towards the large old mansion, my eyes laying upon Jinxx and father as i grew closer. "What's up?" "She's gone" The pained expression evident on my face, my heart shattering within my chest as i dropped to my knees. Their arms pulling me to their warm bodies as i sobbed silently, my eyes watching the clouds pass by. "I never got my chance, to tell her i got revenge" "Luka..." Our sobs growing to loud cries of despair. 

Small timeskip 

Our form's remained huddled together, even as the rain patted down on our quivering forms. The tears no dried crustily over our cheeks, washed away with the fresh ones. "Mind if i intrude?" The raspy voice hitting our ears, intensity growing as we slowly turned to face the spoken voice, eyes landing upon her fragile form being held up by two chuffed doctors.