Chapter Eleven - Hospital

Everything went so quickly after that, Liam rang an ambulance whilst Harry tired to get through to management, Zayn just held on to me whilst I held an unconscious Niall in my arms.

I was numb, it felt like I was watching someone die, no matter what I did Niall wouldn't surface.

"Boo, you need to let go of Ni, the paramedics are here." Harry's voice travelled through my head.

Paul rushed in, looking flustered "What happened, I was running late and you've been calling me lots Harry -" He stopped when he saw Niall with several blood stains on his t-shirt, being carried out the room. 

"Niall passed out, he was coughing up blood and he wont - he won't - won't wake up." I stuttered out through my tears.

"Louis, he's not dead babe, just unconscious." Zayn said, placing and hand on my lower back, rubbing it in slow motions.

"Yeah, he'll be fine I know it." Liam said softly, looking down at me.

"We're going to have to cancel the concert, Niall won't be okay, and you two don't look in any fit state." Paul said, shaking his head at me and Liam, both of us had been crying. "Go on, you can go to the hospital."

"Thanks" Zayn muttered before pushing me out the door, following Liam and Harry down the hallway to the entrance.

I stopped before we reached the doorway, going out the front entrance was a stupid idea, there would be fans, lots of them. But Zayn carried on pushing me.

When we did get outside we were met by the sight of around three hundred girls, not one of which screamed, laughed or shouted our names, instead they were crying, speechless, or shouting supportive things to the four of us. Our fans really were great.

We reached the hospital, just us four along with two body guards, when we went in, we were escorted to a room Niall had been placed in, he had been treated in the ambulance on the way here, so even though it had been little over half an hour since he passed out, he was okay now.

"Hey guys." He said as we entered the room, smiling weakly. Harry rushed straight over and pulled him into a tight embrace.

"What's up with you then?" Liam asked, worry written all over his face.

"Er, get the nurse that brought you here, I didn't understand." Niall mumbled, looking down at his bloody shirt and getting up from the chair he sat on the hug all of us in turn. 

The nurse returned, telling Niall to go and sit back down. He nodded towards us, she took the hint and began to tell us what was up.

"Niall has all the signs and symptoms of tuberculosis, although we need to do a full medical and chest x-ray to tell us whether we are right, the cough and fever could also be lung disease, it could even be a bad case of the flu, although that is unlikely."  She explained, putting together one of those things that you breathe into really quickly that measures your lung capacity or whatever, she handed it to Niall "Breathe out as quick as you can."

"So, will he be alright?" Liam asked, looking more worried than before. I understood why though, what if they were wrong, what if Niall did have lung disease?

"If it's what we think it is, Niall can be treated, but there is also a risk that some of you could of caught it."

"I had a TB jab at school I think." Harry uttered, looking hopefully at the nurse.

"Yes, a lot of schools do offer the jab, what about you three?"

"I did, I remember cause it really hurt." Liam said, calming down a little now.