Chapter 4

After Ron left my room, I tried to figure out what I could do to kill time. I decided to go to Toni's house, not Sweet Pea's. I grabbed my bag and was about to leave, "Mija, where're you going?" Dad asked. "To a friends house dad." I walked over and kissed him on the cheek,"TTFN." I opened the door and left. "TTFN Andre." I said walking past him. I walked down to Sunny Side Trailer park. "Em?" I turned around, "Oh hey Sweet Pea." "What're you doing here?" "Going to Toni's." "Oh, you are?" "Jealously not a good look on you." I winked and walked away. 

I knocked on Toni's door and waited for her to open it. "Oh hey Em." "Hey T. Can I come in?" "Sure, yeah, of course." I walked in her trailer and sat down. "So," "I'm not in the mood to talk to you about my sex life." I said laughing. "Fine." I laughed to myself. "I saw you talking to Sweet Pea, what too awkward now?" "Oh shut up Toni. It's not awkward." "Okay. Okay. So, Emerald Lodge had a one night stand with a Southside Serpent." "Yep..... Emerald..Lodge." "Is something wrong with Lodge?" "I'm not a Lodge." "What?" "My real name is Emerald Jones." "Shut up! Jughead never said anything about a sister." "White-washing of history. Hiram paid everyone who knew about it to stay silent." "Wait.." "When FP became... when my dad became a drunk, child services took me away." "What about Jug?" "I don't know... Jughead became homeless I guess, couch surfing." "I'm sorry Em." "It's okay. But around other people just called me a Lodge." "Got it Em." Toni and I trailed off topic and laughed and talked for hours. 

I looked at my phone, 6:40. "Oh my god it's 6:40." I said laughing. "We couldn't have been talk for that long!" Toni said laughing. "I should get back to to Pembooke, or some certain Lodges will be very unhappy." "Fine, go!" Toni said. I grabbed my stuff and left, "Bye T." "Bye Em."  

I left her trailer and started to make my way to the Pembrooke. I walked though the Pembrooke's doors and got up to our level. I walked in the door and carefully put my stuff down. "Mija is that you?" Mom said. Crap. "Uhh, Mom! Hey!" "Why are you coming home this late?" "Me and Toni got super distracted and held up." "Next time, come home before dinner. Mija." "Yes mom." 

I walked in my room and checked my phone. 

Sweet Pea: I was not jealous

Emerald: Whatever you have to tell yourself.

Sweet Pea: Ouch, cold Em, just cold.

Emerald: Cold's what I do best

Sweet Pea: you know what I do best?

Emerald: Say me and we're never talk again lol.

Sweet Pea: Damn, people use that on ya often?" 

Emerald: Its unbelievable.

Sweet Pea: Well Jones. You are something else.

Emerald: Sweet Pea, Lodge remember..?

Sweet Pea: what? your parents just check your phone when your asleep?

Emerald: Yeah sure, instead of giving me money when my tooth falls out they check my phone.  

Ronnie knocked on my door, "Em?" I shut my phone off and tried to hide my smile, "Yes Ron?" "Were you smiling?" "What?" "You're doing a bad job hiding it." I tried to move my phone away. Ron walked over and reached for my phone. "Hey! Ron!" She opened, "You told him!?" "Well.... yes..?" "Who is he Em!?" "He's a Serpent!" "Did you even go to Toni's?" "Yes, Ron, Jesus!" "....Is he.." Ronnie had that moment of realization, "Is he who you with a few night ago?" "Ron.." "Answer my question!"

"God, Yes! He is."