Chapter 5

"What...?!" "So what Ron!" "So what!? He's a Serpent!" "Yeah, well, so am I!" Ronnie stood silent. "I am FP Jones' daughter. Leader of the Serpents. I am a Serpent by blood." "Yeah well you're a Lodge now!" "No! Ron! I am a Jones!" I grabbed my things and left, "You cannot make me forget my family." "Do not leave Em!" "You cannot tell me with to do Ron!" I shouted leaving the apartment. I walked out of the Pembrooke and went to the Southside. I knocked on Sweet Pea's door and waited from him to answer. "Em?" "Sweet Pea." I hugged him, "What's wrong?" I looked up at him, I leaned up and kissed him. "Okay, what's wrong?" "Ron found out about our one night stand." "And?" "And!? She could tell mom and dad." "So why did you come here?" "Cause just in case I get grounded for life, I needed to see you one last time." "Honored." "You should be."

He grabbed my legs and lifted me against the door. We looked at each other, "Why do you have to be so tall?" I joked to him. "I don't know.. why you ask?" "Cause you don't have to lift me up so high." "It's the only way I can properly kiss you without bending down." "Yeah well, can't we just sit down?" "Where's the fun in that? Plus when you sit down it's hard to go right....here.." He said softly as his hand grazed over my soft spot. I looked up and back down. He put his hand down on my soft spot. I laughed and bit down on my bottom lip. "Screw you Sweet Pea." I softly said. "Watch it," He said, "or do you me want to press harder?" He applied more pressure on my side. "Damn your good." "I know. Too bad I need my other hand to hold us up or you'd be screwed." "I'm already screwed, one hand is enough." I said laughing. "Is it now..?" He said applying more pressure. "Oh my God!" I shouted. He smirked and slowly applied less pressure to my side. I let out a gasp for air, "Seriously, screw you." He laughed and kissed me. "What was that?" "For... everything."

"Going soft on me Sweet Pea?" I said to intimidate him. "Me? Soft? I don't think you should ask that question to the person over two feet taller then you and just... happens to know where you're weak Em.." He applied much more pressure, making me wiggle in his grasp. "Okay! Okay, okay, okay!!" I shouted. He laughed and kissed me. He slowly put me down, "Hey, wanna go shopping with Fangs and I?" "Sure why not?" We grabbed our stuff and headed for a shop. "Hey Fangs!" I called to him. We did our very long and elaborate handshake. When we were done, we were both gasping for air. I turned around and Sweet Pea looked at the two of us. "I don't always spend time with you Sweet Pea." I laughed at Fang's comment. When we came out of the store someone who looked extremely familiar was tagging the side of the building with a red circle.

"Hey!" Sweet Pea called. When the boy turned around, I instantly recognized him. "Archie?!" I shouted. "Archie?!" Sweet Pea and Fangs said in unison. I walked past Sweet Pea and up to Archie. "What the hell are you doing here Em?" "I could ask you the same damn question." "Em. You cannot be with these thugs." "Excuse me?!" Fangs said. "These thugs, Arch, are my friends!" "Friends? Em?" "Yes Archie friends.""Sure you're not spying on the Serpents? For Hiram Lodge?" "Let me tell you something Archie Andrews. I do not do my father's dirty work. Hell I barely do what he tells me to do. And if you think I could spy on my friends for my father, you have another thing coming. I'm sorry Archie your dad got shot. But I can tell you with all of my confidence that it was NOT the Serpents. Probably not even someone from the Southside, maybe someone from the Northside SNAPPED and shot your dad, and killed Ms. Grundy."

Fangs put his hand to his mouth, in shock. Sweet Pea was also amazed by my words. Archie pulled out and gun, Sweet Pea grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Who made a mistake?" I yanked my arm from Sweet Pea's grasp and walked close enough to Archie to touch him with my pinky finger. I grabbed the gun and put in Archie's bag in his hand. "You did Arch. Because I could always tell my sister, or better my parents that you pulled a gun on me and my friends. Bet they'd love to hear that." Sweet Pea and Fangs were in shock behind me. "I also think they would love to hear that their daughter was on the Southsides, tangling with Serpents." "Here's the thing about us Lodges, Archie, we're cold, heartless, relentless, anonymous, loaded, business people, now I suggest you run before I do all five things to you. And maybe leave your head in Mr. Andrews' bed for the morning." I stared, stoned faced at him. Not backing down anytime soon. He turned around and bolted.

I turned around and looked at Sweet Pea and Fangs. "What?" I said. I walked in between then and started walking, "You coming or not?" I asked to them. "Damn, don't mess with her." Fangs whispered. "Now I'm scared to touch her sweet spot." "Hurry up you two!" I said not even looking back. Sweet Pea ran up to me, "What's your beef?" He asked me. I glared up at him and looked back down. "I'm just sick of Archie blaming everything on the Southside." "Me too, but what you said to him.. that was extremely hurtful. Everything you said to him." "It had to be done Sweet Pea." "What if he actually shot you?" "I'm his girlfriend's sister." "No you're not. Foster remember?" "I'm still her sister." He stepped in front of me ad grabbed my shoulders. "What's going on?"

"For years I listened to Archie go off about how the Serpents and the Southside are horrible. And to see him pull something like that, makes me sick." "He's gone now and I think he got the message Em." "Did he?" "Yes Em he definitely did." Fangs said catching up to us.