Chapter 42

Ending of S2x20–

"We stand together," Jughead said grabbing Sweet Pea's and Fangs jacket collar. "so none of us falls." He pulled all five of us in together. "In unity there is strength." We all said together. We walked though the doors surrounding Fangs to keep him safe. Dad soon joined our group along with many other Serpents to protect Fangs in the middle. Toni and I stood with Fangs in the middle. Reggie walked up to us pulling out a gun out of his jacket. Archie tackled him and there was a gunshot. Toni and I ducked and everyone franticly looked around to make sure no one was shot. Fangs stood there. "Fangs?" I asked. He fell into my arms bleeding from his stomach. "FANGS!" I screamed. Toni helped put Fangs on the ground. The four of us put our hands over the wound to try and stop the bleeding. Jughead faces Archie who was on top of Reggie, the gun was facing right to where Fangs was standing. "Get help!!!" Jughead yelled at Archie. Toni and I pressed our hands on Fangs stomach while Sweet Pea was standing above us, making sure we were safe since a fight broke out. "Cmon Fangs!!" I shouted. Fangs' head fell to the ground and that's when me and Toni got scared. "No Fangs!!" Toni screamed. FP came over and helped us take hm to the Riverdale General.

Start of S2x21–

"Help us!!!" Jughead and I screamed in unison. "Sir I'm going to need you to wait you're turn." The nurse said without even glancing at Jug. He slammed his fist on the desk. "Dammit! He's dying!" "Whats going on?" Doctor Masters asked. "Our friend was shot in the stomach." I said pointing to FP and Sweet Pea holding Fangs. "Hey get my a gurney!!" They out Fangs on the gurney. "No don't leave..." Fangs said weakly. Jughead let go of Fangs forearm and watched him get rolled into the ER.

Toni and I went to the bathroom to clean the blood off of our hands. My hands were shaking under the water, Toni noticed this. "Em. You're shaking." She said putting her hand on my shoulder. I sniffled and turned off the water. She hugged me and I cried softly.

We both left the bathroom with only FP in the waiting room. "Where did everyone go?" FP shrugged and Toni and I scattered. I walked down the school when someone put their hands over my mouth and tired my hands together. I woke up and I was sitting on the same truck as Toni. "Toni?" "Emerald?" "Em!" Penny said walking into the light and out of the shadows. I gasped softly. "Hey Gemmy." Charlie and Malachi both walked into the light of the fire and smirked at me. "Well I'm fucked." I muttered. "Yeah you are by your boyfriend." "Oh stop being so damn jealous!" I shouted. Penny pulled out a knife and her phone. "Hey lover boy." "I got your sister and your girlfriend." "Oh please. Ponytails a snooze. I mean your Southside smurffete." "Tell her to go to hell Jug!" Toni shouted. "Don't fall for her!" I shouted. "I won't hurt them but pretty soon I'll start carving up their faces what should I start with hmm? Maybe the tongue?"

"Em. Toni." Jughead said waking up to Penny's hideout. "Hello lover boy." Jughead flopped his switchblade open. "Jug She's not alone." I whispered. Charlie and Malachi walk out of the shadows. "What happen to being alone." "I never go anywhere without back up. Not after what you did." "Get back, you Serpent hag." Cheryl said about to fire an arrow at Penny. "I brought back up too." Toni looked at her girlfriend with pure happiness. "Fine. But I want the Serpents roll over now or... it's a showdown with the Ghoulie at Pickens Park at dawn." Malachi untied us Toni ran past Jughead and linked arms with Cheryl. I came to Jughead. "Remember I tried to warn you Jughead." Penny shouted as the four of us walked away.

"You heard what Penny said Jughead?" Sweet Pea shouted. "Two hours ago your fight was with Reggie Mantle. You want us to go to war over territory we don't control?!" Jughead shouted back. "You want to give up Sunny Side Trailer Park? Our home?!" I said getting up from the rim of the pool table. FP walked in the bar, "That's enough!" We all stood silent as dad walked in the bar. "From what I heard. We need to put it to a vote. All those for going against the Ghoulies and givin Em Hell on the battlefield." FP raises his hand and everyone else followed but Jughead. I hesitated, but I raised my hand. "Em." Jug whispered.

We got back to our trailer and we all sat at the table. "This is a mistake." Jughead whispered. "I know." I said softly. "We voted." FP said getting up. "I'm goin to go hold the fort." I turned to Jughead and his Hiram Lodge board. "I have a plan. It could get us both killed, but, it could save everyone." Jughead looked at me and nodded.

"Mr. Lodge." "Mija." "I'm not your Mija. And you're not my father. Just had to make that clear again. But Penny and the Ghoulies on the night of the riot... this isn't all a happenstance. You were buying up everything on the Southside. But you couldn't buy us. So you paid Penny and the Ghoulies to go to war with the Serpents. How much is this costing you?" "I don't know what-" "Cause me and my brother have a counter offer."