Chapter 39

We both sat in the corner of my room and Toni had her arm around me. "I'm sorry Em." "He's right. I'm drunk all the time... I hook up with random guys without telling them I'm dating someone.." "Shhh.." "it's all my fault. It's all because of me. Me." "No Em it's not." "I love him Toni." "I know." "The made outs. The sex... I mean it." Toni pulled me closer and cried softly with me. I wiped my tears and looked up at Toni. "You're a good friend T." "Anytime E." He said resting her head on my head. I kept crying and Toni kept hugging me close.

Jughead walked to the door frame to see his older sister crying and his best friend comforting her. "Em." I stayed silent in Toni's arms and wiped my tears but only new ones kept forming and falling. Jughead slowly walked to us and came to the side Toni wasn't on and he put his arm around me. "I'm so sorry Em." He whispered softly. I lifted my legs higher to cradle myself in Toni and Jughead's arms. Veronica came to the trailer with Betty and Fangs. I cried some more and the three of them came down to comfort me. I laughed softly, "Thank you.. I'm sorry I shut you all out and didn't come to you when I needed it." "We don't care about that now." Betty said wiping her tears too. "As long as you're okay." Veronica finished.

"Em." Sweet Pea said softly leaning on the door frame. I looked up and so did everyone else. "Can we-" "Yes of course." I said getting up from the floor. We both walked outside and stood apart from each other. "Em.." "Stop. You're right." "Wh-" "About everything you said." "I'm sorry Em." Sweet Pea said softly. "It's not about the sex for me. I'm sorry I'm always drunk. I'm sorry tha-" "Shh." I looked up and started crying again. He put his hand on my face and wiped a falling tear. "I love you so much Sweet Pea. I don't want to lose you." "I love you too Em." I looked up at him and kept crying. "I'm sorry I felt you so broken. So heartbroken. So...alone." He said pulling me in a hug. I cried into his chest and wrapped my arms around him. "I'm so sorry Emerald." I cried harder and he pulled me away from the hug and wiped my tears. "Emerald, you've been crying so much you can barely see your pulps." "It's been three days." I joked hugging him again and crying softly. Everyone was watching from the trailer window.

We all sat down around the living room table. "Still think you're an ass." Toni said leaning back. Sweet Pea rolled his eyes and scoffed. I sat down by Jug and Toni and leaned back. "Em?" Betty asked. "You okay?" "Am I a problem?" I asked. "What no!?" Fangs said. "I feel like I am. I'm drunk all the time, hooking up with me-" "No, Em, I was just upset, you're not those things." Sweet Pea said leaning forward. I stood up and walking into my room. Toni followed me. I shut the door and locked it. "Em.." I slid down the door and started crying. Toni came down to hug me. "It's okay."