Chapter 43

The Serpents were packing up anything they cold from the Wyrm when FP's phone started ringing. "Betty?" He had a conversation with Betty and turned to Toni. "Where was Penny hiding out?"

"You ready?" "You haven't called anyone." I looked at my phone. "You're right." I pressed the call button and held my phone to my ear. "Em! Where are you and Jug?!" "I called to tell you that Sweet Pea, I love you Okay? And I'll always love you." "Emerald What're you talking about?" "Nothing. I'll see you soon." I hung up my phone and wiped some tears. "Ready?" "Of course." I whispered.

"The Sacrificial Lambs arrive." Penny said as me and Jughead walked forward. "Let me remind you of the deal we made with your boss. Hiram Lodge. We give ourselves over to you tonight. And there's not blood she's tomorrow." I spoke up. "Apparently getting you two out of the picture is more important to him then an all out Serpent massacre." Penny laughed. "30 to 2? You that afraid of us?" Jughead asked. Malachi laughed and walked forward. "The only thing that's scary is what we're going to do." He punched Jughead across the face. "Jug!" Another Ghoulie punched my in the stomach and we both fell to the floor. "Don't finish them off yet guys. I still want to see Emerald suffer." Penny said flipping open her knife.

FP raced over to the hide out at the docks. He came to a bin with a fire in it. He heard rustling and rushed inside. Toni and Cheryl came at the scene with all the other Serpents. "Where the hell is she?!" Sweet Pea shouted putting his helmet on his bike. "Topaz! Where!?" Toni stood silent when FP came out of the bushes. "Sweet Pea." He motioned his head for him to follow. Sweet Pea was hesitant but he followed. He walked though the bushes to find me and Jughead's body. "Em.." he whispered softly. He bent down to put his hand on my face. "Emerald." FP lifted up Jughead. "Can you get her Sweet Pea?" He asked with sadness in his voice. "Yeah Mr. Jones of course."

"Where is he? Where's Jug?" Betty asked as she and Archie came. "Guys." Archie said looking at FP and Sweet Pea carrying out two bodies of FP's children. "Oh my god." Toni whispered coving her mouth. Betty started at Jughead's body and cried without saying a word. "Jug...." Archie whispered. "Emerald." Toni said wiping her tears. Sweet Pea looked down at my body and kissed the top of my head. "I'll see you soon." He whispered to himself.

I gasped for air. I turned to see Jughead in the hospital bed next to me. Dad and Sweet Pea asleep on the chairs. "Jug." Jughead gasped for air and turned to me. "You good?" He asked. "Well my stomach hurts like hell. How's your arm?" "It's a bitch." I laughed softly. "Dad." We both said in unison. Sweet Pea and Dad quickly got up at the sound of our voices. "Emerald!" He shouted coming to me. I laughed and cried and kissed him. "Okay, Okay, Okay." Jughead said laughing putting his hand on his shoulder.

"What happened?" I asked sitting up. "We went to war with the Ghoulies. It looked like we were going to win the day but in the end... just too many of them." Dad said sitting back in is his chair. "We made a deal with Hiram. It could've saved the Serpents you didn't have to go." "We were upset about you two and Fangs." Sweet Pea said looking at me. "Even though Fangs is alive." FP whispered. "What?" We all said in unison. "The Serpents don't exist anymore. We had our time." FP said sadly. I sighed and faced the roof. "On the bright side, you're both coming out tomorrow." Sweet Pea said trying to lighten the the mood. I smiled, "Yeah." 

I got up and changed into some clothes that Toni brought me. I pack up my Serpent jacket in my bag and my old clothes. I turned to the door. "Aside from the bandages on your face, it's like nothing happened." Sweet Pea walking forward. I laughed and turned to face him. "Yeah, I guess. But my stomach still hurts like hell." "Maybe because there's a chunk missing from your stomach." "I do not want to talk about it, not now." Sweet Pea sighed and cupped my head. "Fine." He kissed my and I put my hands on his arm. "Ugh get a room you two." Jughead joked. "Jug." I said after pulling away from the kiss. "Em. Sweet Pea." I laughed awkwardly still in Sweet Pea's arms. He walked to his bed, "Forgot my phone." He said walking by us. "Carry on." He joked and left. I smiled and looked up at Sweet Pea. He laughed and kissed me. He reached for my bag and threw it on his shoulder. "Hey!" "Cmon, let me have this." "Fine." I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder as we walked. 

 "We're like half an hour late to the Serpent Meeting your dad called." I laughed. "I know."