Chapter 44

"Alright! Let's get started!" FP shouted. I sat on Sweet Pea's motorcycle. Fangs and Sweet Pea were close too. Toni and Cheryl with in the big opening in the middle. And Jug was next to us. "Some sixty years ago, the very first Serpent meeting was held right here. On this very riverbank. And it's only fitting it's where...I'm officially retiring from the Serpents." We all looked at FP in shock. "For real this time. But my kids. They never stopped fighting for this gang. Hell they almost died for it. Come on Em, Jug." I looked at Jug and he looked at me. I got off of Sweet Pea's motorcycle and we both came up to our dad. 

"Kids... I'm giving you both the mantle." "Dad..." I whispered. "Take care kids." He said nodding his head and walking off stage. "Em, you know what to do." I nodded my head when FP walked away and Toni gave us a red Serpent jacket. "Cher." I said softly. She took off her own jacket and came up to us. She turned around and I helped her put the Serpent jacket on. She turned around and I smiled at her. "Congrats Cher." I said hugging her tight. Jughead smiled at dad and Cheryl went down back down to her girlfriend. "I love you dad."Jughead said softly. FP nodded his head and smiled at us."The Serpents aren't dying out, not just yet." I finished for Jughead. "Not under our watch." We both said in unison, almost planned. It wasn't. The Serpents cheer for us and Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Toni smiled at the two of us. 

Principle Weathebee walked out of his office to find all of his students wearing Serpent jackets. "What're you doing Mr. Andrews?" He asked Archie who was standing in front of him. "We aren't letting you transfer the Southside students away from here. We're all ready to walk away." "Anyone who walks away, better keep walking because they're expelled." "You're not one to discriminate Mr Weatherbee. You're a good man." We all stood silent and Mr. Weatherbee finally spoke up after looking at all of his students wearing Southside Serpent jackets. "Get to class. All of you." We all cheers and I hugged Veronica. Cheryl and Toni hugged each other tight. Choni wasn't going to die today. I smiled at Sweet Pea and he kissed me lightly on the lips. "We're not going anywhere." 

It was the next day and we were going to make Archie our new student body president. Archie looked into the bleachers at us. We all smiled at him. "Please rise for the national anthem." Mr. Weathebee said and Joise walked up to the microphone. "Oh say can you see, by the dawns early lights. What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming. Who's broad stripes and bright stars, though th-" Joise's singing was interrupted by Sheriff Minetta walking though the doors and going to Archie. Sweet Pea reached down for my forearm to keep me in my spot. "Archie Andrews you're under arrest for the Murder of Cassidy, a Shadow Lake resident. You have the right to an attorney, but anything you say can and will be used against you." I starred at Archie. I moved glanced down to the row below us, Veronica, Betty, Toni, Cheryl, and Jughead. 

They dragged Archie out of the gym and I looked at the door and I could see behind the shadows.

Hiram Lodge. 

Archie was a lot of things. 

But a murder?

No, something was wrong. Sweet Pea tightened his grip on my forearm. Trying to keep me from running down there. Sweet Pea was strong, I couldn't fight back. "Arch.." I heard Veronica whisper. I was in complete shock. But it left me thinking.

What happened at Shadow Lake? Why was Archie getting dragged away? What the hell was Hiram's plan?