Chapter 26

I got back to school as I predicted before lunch. I walked in the lounge and everyone looked at me. "Where'd you go?" Veronica asked me. "I had to get something from home." I answered. Jughead looked at me like I was lying. Toni, Fangs, and Sweet Pea looked at me weirdly. I sat down by Toni. "What happened?" Fangs whispered. The three leaned forward to listen. "This might sound crazy but... I don't think Charlie wants to be who he is." "What?" Sweet Pea whispered. "I saw him, the Charlie I met at the drag race. Not that Charlie that tried to get with me and snapped my wrist. He's in there. I know it." "You're right it does sound cr-" Toni was cut off, "TT, come on let's go, we need to get our table at Pop's" Cheryl said. "Coming Cher." She said grabbing her stuff and leaving with Cheryl.

"Let me finish for her." Fangs said. "You're right it does sound crazy. In fact insane." I rolled my eyes. "I know what I saw. He's in there. He's just being tortured by his crappy ass father." Sweet Pea put his arm on my side. "Em I know he was your friend but.." "No guys I'm not crazy. Charlie is in there. I just need to get him out." "And Pen-" "Penny threatened to drag Jug, my dad, and Veronica into this. I can't let that happen." I said turning to look at the core four laughing smiling at each other. I looked back. "What's wrong?" "Jughead and I were inseparable." "And?" Fangs asked. "When my dad started drinking Jughead and I got into a huge argument. He told me if I was going to live with the Lodges, I wouldn't be his sister anymore. I told him I didn't care. We kept shouting at each other about my dad and The Lodges. The day I left I didn't even say good bye to him." I explained wiping some tears. Sweet Pea pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head. "Oh please do not start making out." Fangs said. Sweet Pea and I pulled away from the hug and laughed at Fangs. "I never got to say sorry to him." "I'm sure he still knows your his sister. And if not do a DNA test." Fangs joked. I smiled at Fangs and laughed. So did Sweet Pea.

"I just can't let my dad be back in jail and Jughead dealing drugs." Sweet Pea looked at me with concern. "I just can't-" my sentence was interrupted with my phone. "Penny?" Sweet Pea asked. "No... Charlie."

"Charlie?" "Hey love." "Why are you calling me?" "To explain myself." I looked at my friends. The core four, Fangs and Sweet Pea. "Make it fast. It'll be hand to hold my phone with a tired arm and a snapped wrist." "I'm sorry Gemmy. My dad is making me do all of this stuff. If I didn't he threatened to hurt you and your boyfriend. Or worse. I just came to warn you. And to apologize. For everything. I couldn't let something bad happen to you because of my twisted father. Please Gemmy. Can you forgive me? If not I completely understand. But I saw you look back at me. After you gave the JJ to my dad. I know you saw me suffer. I was." "Penny has me dealing drugs. If not she'll go after my dad, my brother, and my foster sister. And my boyfriend." "I'm so sorry this is happening to you Gem." "I'm sorry about you too." "Charlie!!" I heard someone though the phone. "I have to go. I love you Gem." "B-" the line went dead. I slowly put my phone down.

"Sweet Pea." Fangs whispered motioning to me. He got up and went to go hug me. "He's torturing him..." I cried softly. "V." Betty said. Veronica turned around and ran to me. She join the hug along with Jughead. The four of us went into another room to go talk.

Jughead put his head in his hands. "Charlie tried to get with you? Penny's got you dealing drugs?" "Yeah..." Veronica sat there shocked. "I'm sorry I never told you Jug... you too Ron." "It's okay Em" they both said in unison. "But Christmas is around the corner." I said trying to find excitement in my voice. "Yeah.." Jughead whispered.

A/N: yes it's Christmas. I wanted to do the episode when they got rid of Penny. Sorry if this triggers anyone. 😂