Chapter 7

We got back to Sweet Pea's trailer. I was shivering from the cold rain as he opened the door. "Were you going to tell them the truth..?" He asked softly. "That I'm not a Lodge? Yeah... if Veronica didn't shoot the gun." We turned around and looked at me. "Em.. why did you stop us?" "You were beating up my sisters boyfriend, plus Ronnie told me to make sure you idiots didn't kill each other." "Why did you kiss me then?" "Because... Sweet Pea, I didn't know how else to get them to shut up." He walked closer and put his hands on my face, "Em, you're great, and amazing, if they don't listen to you; you'd have my permission to go all Lodge on them." I laughed at his comment. "You're great too Sweet Pea." He moves my hair to my back and looked at me. "What?" "Nothing just fighting the urge right now to kiss you." "Why fight it?" I kissed him and he kissed me back. I pulled back, "Crap! My parents!" Sweet Pea laughed and smiled, "Keep forgetting about them huh?" "I have to go, I'm sorry." I kissed him, grabbed my stuff and left.

I got back to the house and walked inside. "Mija." Hiram said. "I'm sorry I'm late Dad." "Do you at least have an excuse?" "Ronnie and I went to Archie's house and there was a fight with the Bulldogs and the Serpents." "That's good enough." Heriome joked waking into the dinning room. "Why are you wet Mija?" She asked. "It was also raining." Heriome and Hiram laughed, "Go change and shower Mija." Hiram said.

I walked into the bathroom. I bushed though my hair and my phone buzzed.

Sweet Pea: you still alive?

Emerald: yes.

Sweet Pea: just making sure, have a good rest.

Emerald: you too.

I turned off my phone and kept bushing my hair. When I was done I took a nice hot shower. When I got out of the shower, I put my hair in a high ponytail and went to sleep.

I woke up in the morning and walked past Ronnie's room and could hear Mom, Dad, and Veronica talking. "Mija." "Oh Checking to see if I'm still on board with the quote unquote plan?" "Mija you'll be on ground zero." "Daddy that's why you said when I went shopping in SoHo and I was fine." "Veronica." "Don't worry, I'll keep my classmates from revolting when the news break." I walked to the living room and pulled out my phone

Emerald: Mom, Dad, and Veronica have something planned.

Sweet Pea: What?

Emerald: I'm not crazy I heard them talking. Just be careful today okay?

Sweet Pea: Okay.

I shut off my phone when Ronnie walking to the room, "Ready to go?" She asked.  I stood up, "Yes Ron." We got down to the school when Principle Weatherbee made an announcement. "Attention student. Emails have been sent out but effective immediately. Southside High is shut down, students will be transferred to school all over the district, including this one. I'm sure you have a lot of questions but we will welcome them with open arms, hearts, and minds. That is all thank you." "What does that mean?" Archie ask. "It means Jughead is coming back." Betty said softly. "Are you ready for that Bets?" Kevin asked. "Yes Kevin I am." I pulled Ronnie aside, "Does this mean Sweet Pea, Fangs, Toni, and Jughead will be here?" I asked her softly. "Yes Em." She walked away, "Guys, it's okay,
Let's not freak out. Let's welcome these outcasts as if they were our own flesh and blood." I pulled out my phone.

Emerald: somethings going on with the Southside

Sweet Pea: are you kidding me? A school closed down.

Emerald: yeah probably because Hiram Lodge issued it!

Sweet Pea: Hey calm down Em. At least now we'll be at the same school.

Emerald: Cmon Sweet Pea this is serious.

My texted was interrupted by Reggie, "How you texting Em? You're Southside boyfriend?" Betty and Kevin looked up at me. "It's none of your business Reggie." "Why are you even with them?" Archie asked. "Listen Reggie there's a lot of things you don't understand about me." "Like what Emerald?" "Pickpocketing." "Can you even pickpocket?" Veronica asked. "What do you think I pulled off of Sweet Pea during that kiss hm?" I asked pulling out his pocket knife from my pocket. "Just imagine what I could steal from you eh?" I said putting the knife back in my pocket. Reggie left the lounge out the left door going left and I went out the right door going right.