Chapter 19

I woke up in Sweet Pea's arms. Still in my swimsuit. I got out of bed and checked my phone.

Dad: I know you're back in Riverdale, come home. Now.

I left a note for Sweet Pea telling him I went home, and that dad wanted me back home. I went back to the Pembrooke and found Dad and Mom sitting at the table. "Mija." Hiram said. "Daddy." "Mija, you cannot see that Serpent ever again." "Dad.." "if you don't I'll make sure myself." "Fine, Okay dad..." I threw my stuff down and went to bed. I put my phone on my nightstand and went to take a light nap

I woke up and checked my phone.

(3) missed calls from Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea: call me

Sweet Pea: emerald friggin answer me

Sweet Pea: you cannot be serious

Sweet Pea: What?! Em?!

I opened my phone to see my messages.

Emerald: I can't see you anymore. I can't do this. My dad is right, you're dangerous and I can't be with you. Good bye Sweet Pea.

"THE HELL?!?" I screamed. I rushed out of the Pembrooke and went to school. Veronica and everyone was already there. "Em.." "Not now I need to explain myself to my boyfriend, watch my things." "O-Okay..." Veronica and everyone said confused. I rushed out of the lounge to Southside High to find Sweet Pea. I saw him talking Fangs and Toni. "Sweet Pea!" I called to him. "What Lodge?" He asked annoyed. "Let me explain.." "After everything Lodge, you end it like that. That's cold even for you." He said walking away with Fangs and Toni. I pulled out my phone.

"Dad what the hell?!" "What Mija?" "You broke up with my boyfriend for me?!" "Mija I do not know what you are talking about as usual." "Oh cut the crap!! He won't even talk to me!" "Good Mija, he's dangerous." "You're tearing apart my life, first letting me get TORTURED?! And breaking up with my BOYFRIEND for ME?!" The line went dead. I put my phone in my pocket and went into the girls bathroom. I slid my back on my back on the wall and cried. Toni walked in the bathroom. "Em?" I wiped my tears, "Toni.." she sat down next to me, "Whats going on?" I threw my phone out and showed it to her. "I can't see you anymore.....my dad was right... good bye.." "Em." "It was my damn dad! He texted Sweet Pea and he won't talk to me and I can't fix this damn mess!" I shouted crying. "Hey.. I'll talk to him Okay?" She leaned over and hugged me.

Two days Later—

Jughead and I met with our dad and we organized a drag race between the Ghoulies and the Serpents. I helped Jughead and Betty fix a car engine. It was time for the drag race and I stood by Jug, "I'm sorry about what happened between us all those years ago." "I'm sorry too." I glanced over at Sweet Pea who was talking to Toni. I looked back sadly at the engine. "Something wrong Em." "No.." I looked over to the Ghoulie's side and saw someone looking at me and Jug. They quickly glanced away. "Alright! Let's do this!" Tallboy shouted. "Come back." I whispered to him. "I will." He whispered back.

The gang and I patiently waited for the drag race to end. "Scatter! The cops are rounding up Ghoulies!!" The young Ghoulie who was looking at me earlier shouted. The Ghoulies all started running and I got lost in the crowd. I got washed up by a lake. The young Ghoulie was there. "Hey." I whispered to him. He turned around. "Hey." "Why were you looking at me and my brother earlier?" "Because... I... want to be a Serpent but my dad won't let me." "Who's your dad?" "Malachi." "What?" "You're FP Jones' daughter right?" "Yeah." "Charlie." He said. "Emerald." We both shook hands and we both sat down by the lake. "I also saw you look at the tall serpent. Who's he?" "Sweet Pea, He's my boyfriend but my foster dad texted him a break up text when I was asleep and he won't talk to me." "That's rough." I ran my fingers though my hair. "Yeah." I let out a heavy sigh and laid down on the grass. Charlie did the same. "You're not like any Serpent Emerald." "Oh? How?" "Any other Serpent wouldn't kicked my ass by now." I laughed and turned to face Charlie. He turned to face me. I smiled at him and my phone started ringing. I got up and picked it up.

"Hello?" "Oh Jug!" "Yes! I'm sorry! No, I'm okay!" "Yeah, I'm coming." I hung up and looked back at Charlie. "Want my number dork?" I asked. "Oh do I already have a nick name?" "Shut up, here." I have him my phone and he gave me his. "Bye dork." I said getting up and leaving. "Bye Gemmy." I laughed and left.