Chapter 34

"Morning." I said half awake to Sweet Pea sitting on the couch watching tv drinking a beer. "Morning." "Isn't it too early for that?" I asked pointing to the beer in his hand. "Never too early love." "What is it with people calling me love?" I asked with small amounts of attitude. "Cause you're so damn lovable." He replied lifting the beer bottle and drinking the rest of it. I rolled my eyes and opened the door to see Hiram Lodge about to knock on the door. "Mija." "Lemme stop you there. Mr. Lodge. I'm not your Mija and you're not my dad. FP is. You know why? Because he never ever shipped me off to Shadow Lake to get tortured, broke up with my boyfriend for me, shall I continue?" Sweet Pea leaned forward to look at me starring dead at Hiram. "Fine Mija. Don't come crawling back to me." Hiram said walking away. I slammed the door and slid my back down it. Sweet Pea came over and sat down next to me. "Does he even care about me?" I asked softly crying. He put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm sure he does Em." I wiped my tears quickly before he could see. I sighed and slowly got up, Sweet Pea followed shortly. I wiped my tears again and faked a smile. "Em, you don't have to fake for me." He pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head. "I'm going over to Jug's today. To finish moving in." I pulled away from the hug to tell him. "Okay Em." I opened the door and walked down to Jughead's trailer.

"Em?" "Hey Jug." "What're you doing here??" "To finish moving in....?" "Oh! Right! Come in." It took what felt like forever but we finally moved me in. "Dear God." Jughead said falling on the couch in extreme tiredness. I sat down next to him and dad walked though the door. "Hey kids." "Dad." We both said still really tired. "Jesus you both sound beat." "We had to move Emerald in." Jughead informed Dad. "Oh you moved in? I'm sorry I wasn't here." "It's fine Dad." I said resting my head on Jughead's shoulder. "Dad about the party." Jug started. I lifted my head. "Party? I'm so there." I said crossing my legs. "Yeah Jug I told you cutting all ties." "It's three hours. Probably not even." "Fine Jug." "Yes!" I shouted. "Get some rest both of ya."

"Actually-" "Em, say you're going to Sweet Pea's I swear." Jug joked. "Let me finish. Actually I'm going to Toni's." I said grabbing my bag. "Sure..." Jughead said. I turned back and glared at him. I opened the door and left. "Em!" Sweet Pea called. "Oh hey Sweet Pea." "Where ya going?" "CALLED IT!!" Jughead called. "SHUT UP!" I shouted to the trailer. "What?" "Also Where's my 40 bucks?" "Excuse me?" "Toni being our cockblocker? We made a bet love, pay up." I said holding out my hand. He sighed and gave me my 40 bucks. "Thank you." "Whatever." "Don't be mad because you lost 40 bucks." He bent down to kiss me. "You didn't answer my question, where you going?" "Toni's." "Fun." "See you at my dads retirement party." "What?" "You'll find out." I said walking away.