Chapter 40

It was opening night for Carrie the Musical. I moved my food with my fork and rubbed my eyes. "You good Em?" Dad asked. "Fine.." I whispered. I threw my fork down at grabbed my script and bag and headed to the door. "Good luck." Jug and Dad said in unison.

We all got to back stage and got ready in our fun singy-ways. "Places in 5!!" Kevin shouted though the stage. I curled my hair and finished putting on my makeup. I sighed and closed the bottle. I leaned back on my chair and Kevin shouted "FOUR MORE MINUTES!!!" I sighed and got up from the chair. I passed Chuck, Betty, Archie, and Veronica having fun in their dressing room. I smiled to myself and kept walking. I pulled out my phone when I felt it buzz

Sweet Pea: I can't make it tonight. I'm sorry.

I turned off my phone and sighed. "He's not even coming." I whispered softly. I nodded my head in acceptance and accidentally bumped into Fangs. "Hey Em, break a leg." He said rushing hold his clipboard. I walked though the chaos and fun everyone was having. I held back some tears of being alone and disappointment. I ran back to my dressing room. "God why am I so emotionally fragile?!" I shouted to myself. "Two minutes!!" Kevin shouted. "I can't crack now." I whispered to myself in front of my mirror. "Hey Em you almost ready??" Jughead knocked on my door. "Almost!" I shouted back wiping a small tear. "PLACES PEOPLE!!!" Kevin and Fangs shouted with excitement. I smiled to myself. "You got this..." I opened my door and came out with the rest of them. We waited for Mrs. Coopers scene with Midge to be done. I leaned against the wall away from the group. I pulled out my phone again and looked at Sweet Pea's message.

"Something wrong Em?" Toni asked. I wiped my small tear and looked up form my screen. "Fine." She sighed and grabbed my phone. "No Toni!" I said quickly. "Oh Em..." "I'm fine." "You sure? You're not disappointed? Not at all what so ever?" "Well.." "Is that why you staying in your dressing room all this time?" "Yeah Toni it is. He comes to the practices, he's helps me learn the scrip... and.. and he doesn't even show up?" She sighed and hugged me.

We pulled away from the hug when we heard Mrs. Cooper scream and Cheryl shouted. "SOMEBODY HELP HER!!!!" Toni and I ran to the stage with the group to see Midge's body with a message written in her blood. I gasped for air when I saw her body. I covered my mouth. Toni put her arm around me and we both were in complete shock. I ran back to my dressing room and threw up in the trash can, my hair covering my face. "Em!" Fangs said, with a worried tone. He ran down and grabbed my hair. I coughed horsily and threw up again. He patted my back and I fell back against the wall. "You good cause if not I need to get another trash can." Fangs joked. I wiped my mouth and my small tears. "Em are you crying?" "It's hurts Fangs." I said putting my hand on my stomach. "It's okay Em." He said getting me some water. I sat down against the wall with Fangs next to me. "You good Em? If so I'm going to find Kev." "I'm good." I said standing up. Fangs nodded and left my dressing room. I tried to get though all the running people and got outside the gym. I sighed and bent over and out my hands on my knees. I tried to avoid the crowd of screaming people and made my way home.

I threw my stuff down and sat on the couch. "Em?" Dad asked coming out of the kitchen. "Fine..." I said getting up. "You always say that and you'll lock yourself-" He stopped taking once he heard the door. "There it is." He whispered. I laid on my back facing the roof. My train of thought was broke with my phone.

Sweet Pea: Toni told me you were disappointed I wasn't coming.

Emerald: I'm not I'm okay.

Sweet Pea: no Em you're not.

Emerald: I'm fine I swear.

Sweet Pea: Fangs told me you threw up too.

Emerald: snitchers.

Sweet Pea: I'm sorry Em. I am. Just something came up.

Emerald: what came up that was so important that you missed the thing I spent so long to prepare for?! I poured my heart and soul into Carrie, you helped me practice everyday! What was so much more important that you were going to miss it?!

Sweet Pea: I had a side job!

Emerald: What? What side job?

Sweet Pea: I owed someone a job. The only time was tonight and if I didn't do it they'd hurt you.

Emerald: I'm sorry.... but if it makes you feel better someone was murdered.

Sweet Pea: What?! Are you okay?!

Emerald: yeah I'm home.

Sweet Pea: I'm sorry again Em.

Emerald: it's okay. You're forgiven.