Chapter 13

"V, why do you need to track a cellphone?" "Because Andre isn't at the Pembrooke." "Okay, well I know someone who's good."

"Sweet Pea?" Betty said knocking on his door. "Cooper, Older Lodge." "We need your help." Veronica said with worry. "With What?" "Tracking my fathers lackeys cellphone." "Can't do that." "Why?" Betty asked. "Cause it's not only me that can do it." "Who else?!" Betty asked. "Ask your boyfriend Cooper." He said getting it his trailer and shutting the door. "Jones!" He said knocking. Betty pulled Veronica aside, "is this smart?" "Yes B." "Sweet Pea, V, Betty." "Can we come in Jones?" "Sure..."

"Wait back it up. You need my help tracking a cellphone?" Jughead asked. "Yes Jug!" Veronica said. "Why's He here?" Jughead asked pointing to Sweet Pea. "Collateral damage." Betty said. Sweet Pea scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Well first, its going to take a while V, B." "Why?" "Have you seen the Southside?" Jughead said joking. "Find, but hurry up." Betty said. "Well I'm leaving." Sweet Pea said walking out. Veronica followed him. "V." Betty said.

Sweet Pea was half way to his trailer. "Sweet Pea wait!" He turned around. "Lodge." "Have you seen Emerald?" "Not since she got super pissed at me and called me an ass." "Great." "What's Great about that?" "Sarcasm, she hasn't been home either." "Called Toni? Those girls are attached at the hip." "Yes I have, she hasn't seen her either." "That's not like Em." "She hasn't responded to any of my messages. Have you tried?" "No, thought she needed space." "Apparently space got her missing." She whispers softly. "Listen Older Lodge. We got into a hug argument last time I saw her. I don't know where she is, she certainly didn't try to make it up to me either. Or I to her." "What was your argument about?" "I'd rather not say." Veronica rolled her eyes. "But if you get a lead let me know." He said walking away. Veronica let out a heavy sigh and walked back to Jughead's trailer.

Shadow Lake—

I woke up in a familiar yet unknown bed. "Andre?" I asked softly. I sat up and I saw a older women with grey hair. "Who're you?" "My name is sister Woodhouse. I'll be watching and helping you get better." "The hell you are, Where's Andre?" "He's outside in the living room." I got out of bed and walked past Sister Woodhouse. Now I remember this place. The Cabin we own in Shadow Lake. "Andre?" "Ms Emerald, you're awake." "What's going on?" "Mr. Lodge sent you and I to Shadow Lake. Where Sister Woodhouse will help you become yourself again." "This doesn't make any sense." "Sister Woodhouse said it would be best if you healed in a familiar place. Hence Shadow Lake." "Do you have a phone Andre?" "Sorry Ms Emerald. Mr. Lodge said no phones. Even so, I left my phone at the Pembrooke. Sister Woodhouse will send letters to Mr and Mrs Lodge." "What year are we in? 1979?" "It's the only way to make sure your friends don't try to track you."

Riverdale—

Jughead: no leads V

Veronica: Okay.. thanks for trying Jug.

Jughead: Andre's phone never left the Pembrooke, if you want I can hack the cameras.

Veronica: please.

Veronica shut off her phone and put it back in her bag. She opened her locker and got all her needed books. When she shut her locker Sweet Pea was leaning against the locker next to hers. "Leads?" "No." She said. They walked together to their class, "Jughead said he'll try and hack the cameras." "How long will hat take?" "Days, weeks tops." "Dammit." He whispered softly. "I'm going to asked again, what was your argument about?" "I'll say it again Older Lodge. I'd rather her tell you." "Fine." She broke. "What do you think your parents did to Em?" "I try not to think about it." "It's a good distraction." "It also makes you worry more." It made Veronica think, what did her parents do to Emerald?