Chapter 22

Charlie's plan to join the Serpents didn't work out. I felt horrible for letting him in. "It's all my fault." I whispered softly, I said laying on Sweet Pea's lap. He put his hand on my head and played with a strand of my hair, "No, Em, it's not." "I let him in..." "Doesn't mean it's your fault. You couldn't have known." "God he's so sick. He knew about my soft spot. He knew exactly where to put his hands an-" "Shh, Em, he's gone." He said twirling the strand of my hair around his finger. I looked up and smiled. "Can you not play with my hair?" I asked him. "It's fun." I sighed and turned back around. He kept twisting my hair around his finger and I watched the tv in front of us. "You know Em, I've always wondered if you and Jughead will ever move back together." "Depends on FP's release." He sighed and wrapped my strand of hair from his finger and weaved the same strand though his fingers. Toni knocked on the door. I got up, slipping my hair from Sweet Pea's hand.

"Toni." I said. I could hear Sweet Pea groan in annoyance. "Can I come in."

"Yes." I said at the same time Sweet Pea said no
"No." Sweet Pea said at the same time I said yes.

Toni took my word over his and walked inside. "Sweet Pea." "Topaz." I sat down by Sweet Pea and Toni sat next to me. "Toni." I started, "I came here to tell you something, about... Charlie." "Em." Sweet Pea said. "Charlie tried to get with me Toni, he's just like his father. A druggie. He knew everything about me. My soft spot and he wanted in with the Serpents to spy for the Ghoulies." "What? That no good son of a bitch!" "Topaz, calm down." Sweet Pea whispered. I sighed and leaned on Sweet Pea's shoulder and sighed. "I'm sorry Em." Toni said. "Don't apologize T." Toni leaned on my shoulder. Toni's phone starting ringing, "Sorry, guys have to go. Fangs needs me." She said grabbing her stuff and leaving. I slid down to put my head on his lap. He smiled and played with a strand of my hair again. "Hey Em?" "Yeah?" "If your father upset about us?" "Very. But I just chose to ignore him." Sweet Pea laughed and kept playing with my hair. "He went as far as to break into my room and text you." "True." "But really though... does this bother you?" I said sitting, with my hair slipping from his hand. "Kind of Yeah." "Uh huh. Yeah we're gonna fix that." "What?" He said as I grabbed his hand and led him to the Pembrooke.

"Daddy?" I said walking though the door. "Wait here" I whispered. "Yes Mija." "There's someone I want you to meet..." "oh... I know that smile." "Now." I whispered. Sweet Pea walked though the door and closed it quietly. "Emerald.." "Please Daddy?" I said. "You can take him to your study, but do not try to make him your teen capo for your teen capo, Archie, Okay?" "Okay Mija." I smiled at Sweet Pea when he went with Dad into his study.

"So tell me Sweet Pea." Hiram started. "Yes Mr. Lodge?" "Are you good to my daughter?" "Yes Me Lodge." Hiram reaches his hand out and Sweet Pea shook his hand. "Have you ever had rum?" Hiram asked. "Um, yes Mr. Lodge." "Here." Hiram said pouring Sweet Pea a glass. "So, is Archie really your teen capo?" "Yes, Yes He is." Hiram answered calmly. Sweet Pea nodded and took a small sip from the glass Hiram gave him. "I'm just going to tell you. My daughter is coming home. She cannot be on the Southside. Let alone with you." Sweet Pea glared up at Hiram after his words. "Mr. Lodge. She can come home. But why cannot she be on the Southside when she was born there?" Sweet Pea teased. "How did you.." "Emerald told me." Hiram scoffed and rolled her eyes. "She also told me you put Veronica put to causing chaos at the party. And you had Emerald taken to shadow Lake and tortured for weeks on end." "Sweet Pea.." "You're a horrible father to her. At least eight me, Jug, Toni, and Fangs she isn't being harassed repeatedly." "I think you should leave." Sweet Pea scoffed and rolled his eyes, grabbed his things and walked out of the study.

"How's it go?" I asked. "Horribly. Let's go." "Oh Sweet Pea, Okay, let me just get my bag." I grabbed my bag and walked to the door with Sweet Pea. "Mija," Hiram said walking out of the study. "Dad I'm going with Sweet Pea to make sure he gets home without being harassed by Northsiders k?" "No, no, Mija, you're staying here. I can't let you run amok with him." "God dad, please?" "No mija, you're staying here. Sweet Pea can get home by himself." "Dad." "It's okay Em, I'll be fine. See you at school." Sweet Pea whispered and left. I sighed and turned to dad. "Sorry Mija." "Sorry's not good enough... daddy."