Chapter 3: School & Other Shit

Raiyn

I was at school alone again today. Courtney wasn't feeling good or whatever. So I had to be alone again, whatever. I was starving. We have absolutely no food at home. And I don't know when my mom is going grocery shopping again. 

I walked out of the library into the empty halls. I wonder where my locker would be if I actually used it. I looked at the numbers on the lockers & I felt someone crash straight into me. Knocking everything I had in my arms onto the floor. It was just my sketchbook. I bent down to pick it up. I heard a deep raspy like voice say he was so sorry. I looked up & looked into the eyes of Tyler.

Tyler- You go here?

Raiyn- Uh yeah.

Tyler- (shrugs) Cool I guess. Once again I'm sorry.

He picked up my sketchbook.

Tyler- You draw?

Raiyn- Something like that...

He flipped through my sketchbook. Now I'm nervous again. I hate when people go through my things.

Tyler- Yo these are sick!

Raiyn- You think so?

Tyler- Yeah keep this stuff up. You should be in an art school. Fuck regular school.

Raiyn- Well thanks...

The bell rang.

Tyler- (hands it back to her) Well I got to get to English. You know how teachers are...

Raiyn- Right...

We got off the floor before people started pouring into the halls. I walked off to Anatomy. It's cool that he liked my work.

Tyler

I'm sitting in this boring English class. We have to write poetry. Poetry. Ew. Shit's for lames. I just wrote lyrics instead. I think I'll call this "Seven". Yeah. Seven is an awesome number. By the time I finished that, it was time to leave. 

Once school was over I skated to the bus stop. I saw Raiyn walk down a street towards a residential area. She must live over there. That's cool. Her artwork was fucking sick. Today was my day off from work. So I can hang with the niggas or whatever. We should lay down some more tracks for this mixtape & my album. 

Well, how the hell am I gonna record this shit & have it not sound like shit? It's an album. It should sound professional. Fuck. Looks like I'm gonna have to put it off longer than I expected. Nah, I'll just go hang with my nigga Thebe & see what his faggot ass is up to. I got on the bus & got off at the stop near where I lived. I got on my board & skated to his house. Once I made it I saw him sitting on the curb like a dumbass.

Tyler- What are you doing out here?

Earl- (looks back at his house) My mom & I got into it (looks back at Tyler) I don't want to be in there.

Tyler- Where Spenc at?

Earl- Probably with her friends.

Tyler- Why don't you call her & hang out with her instead of looking like a piece of shit on the curb.

Earl- (laughs) Nah. I'll let her have her girl time.

Tyler- (sits on the curb) Whatever man.

Earl- Have you talked to Hodgy lately?