Chapter 23: Threat

Raiyn

Tyler dropped me off at home. It was late. I really hope Jermaine isn't still awake. I unlocked the door & tippy-toed up the stairs to my room. I smelled myself before I walked into my room. I smelled like Tyler, sweat, & mothballs. That was the nastiest thing I ever did. I never did it in a car before. I fell like a dirty girl. But Jermaine & I aren't technically together so it doesn't count, right? 

I walked in my room & saw Jermaine knocked out on my bed. Good. I tippy-toed into my closet & got some clothes to change into & went into my bathroom. I took a shower. Washed my hair & everything. Leaving no trace of Tyler anywhere. I still can't believe we did it in his grandmother's car. In the backseat. And I was so willing & down with it too. OMG. I'm a nasty girl. It was so awesome though. I was scared that we were gonna get caught. And it was hot as hell. It was such a rush. I still feel bad though. Whatever. 

I got out of the shower after cleaning myself five times. I looked at myself in the mirror making sure there were no marks or scratches or hickeys. There wasn't any. Good. I put my clothes on & walked out. Jermaine was sitting on my bed with his arms crossed.

Jermaine- What took you so long to come home?

Raiyn- Lost track of time.

Jermaine- You were supposed to be here 2 hours ago. What were you doing that took 2 hours?

Raiyn- We were talking. Catching up that's all.

Jermaine- Then why did you need to jump in the shower as soon as you got here then?

Raiyn- I was outside. I don't want to lay in my bed after I'm outside. That's gross. 

Jermaine- I think y'all were doing a lot more than talking...

Raiyn- If we were?

Jermaine- I don't know. We aren't exactly together so I can't really do anything.

Raiyn- Right!

I got in my bed & went under the covers. Jaden jumped on my bed & cuddled with me.

Jermaine- Oh yeah & your stupid cat scratched me.

He showed me his arm & he had a long scratch going to his hand.

Raiyn- Well she doesn't know you. She's protective over me.

Jermaine- Well she doesn't like people.

Raiyn- She likes my mom & Jasmine so not really.

Jermaine- Well she doesn't like men.

Raiyn- She likes Tyler. Maybe it's just you...

Jermaine- Of course, she likes your ex. She's been around him more than me.

I scratched Jaden's chin & she started purring.

Jermaine- Oh yeah, tell that Tyler dude to watch out.

Raiyn- Why?

Jermaine- I saw how he was looking at me yesterday. Like he wanted to fight me or something. I mean if he wants to fight we can go right now.

Raiyn- Jermaine shut up.

Jermaine- I'm serious. He can't get you back even if he tired.

Raiyn- Just go to sleep Jermaine.

Little does he know it's already happened.

Tyler

The next day I went to my boys & I's favorite diner. They serve the best bacon ever! Jasper & Taco came with me. Everyone else was busy doing other things. 

Taco- Have you & Raiyn made up yet?

Jasper- Yeah have y'all? You were looking mighty salty the other day.

Tyler- We good.

Jasper- How good?

Tyler- (looks at the menu) Don't worry about it.

Taco- He tapped that.

Jasper- Right I can tell. He gotta big sign on his forehead that says "I smashed Raiyn".

Tyler- Shut up!

Taco- He doesn't want us to know. It's okay you can tell us. Who are we gonna tell?

Jasper- Wait isn't she with that one guy with the long hair?

Tyler- She's not with that weak nigga.

Taco- Yeah she is. She was smiling all in his face when they came to the arcade. And you could tell by the way he looked at her.

Tyler- She's not with him. I know it.

Jasper- So they are just talking or whatever?

Tyler- Like if I know. I really don't care about that lame ass nigga.

Taco- (to Jasper) He care.

They busted out laughing. I just rolled my eyes & went back to the menu. Then our waitress came up to us.

Waitress- What can I get you, boys?

Taco- I want a stack of pancakes & some bacon.

Jasper- I want the same thing but I want a plate of bacon as well.

Tyler- I want that too.

Waitress- Alrighty then.

Taco- Why are y'all niggas getting a plate of bacon for?

Jasper- Pssh why not?

Taco- Y'all niggas are fat ass hell.

Taco & Jasper started arguing. I ignored them & looked off at the entrance & saw the lame with the long hair that's hanging with Raiyn come in. He walked up to our table & looked at me.

Jermaine- You're Tyler, right?

Tyler- Who wants to know?

Jermaine- Me. Stay away from Raiyn alright.

Tyler- Or what?

Jermaine- Or you are gonna wish you did...

He walked back out. Taco, Jasper, & I busted out laughing. Who is this nigga? If he wants to fight, let us fight. Ain't nobody scared of a nigga with a perm.